Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah I've been noticing some characters just appearing on the Boardwalk. But some walk. Also see some characters just walk through buildings and fences. Bit annoying as they take most of the routes as normal and then just become invisible and walk through things.

All of mine kinda 'moonwalked' to the Dutchman...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Game keeps crashing today grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Vojera wrote: »
    When I send characters to do tasks ... they just disappear
    Louie and Legs do this if you send them to "interrogate a squealer" too (well one of them does).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭corkie

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Louie and Legs do this if you send them to "interrogate a squealer" too (well one of them does).

I noticed that too with Louie and Legs!

Just finished sending everyone to the Dutchman.

Here is a pic of the thumbs up stack!

Here is the pic of the characters released!

Pic of the characters still on the boardwalk!

Nice jump in funds if you compare the last two photo's.

Anyone know a way to embed photo's stored in dropbox on the forum, I don't think it can be done. The handy thing about dropbox is you have the option to automatically upload the screenshots as you take them, if you have it on your android device!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Change www to dl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can someone explain the point of adding friends, if I only get minimal XP and cash from visiting their Springfields ?

It doesn't seem to matter what building or action I click on, it's the same cash/XP

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can someone explain the point of adding friends, if I only get minimal XP and cash from visiting their Springfields ?

It doesn't seem to matter what building or action I click on, it's the same cash/XP

Makes you feel wanted. Better than real friends. Nearly as good as Facebook friends.

:)

The best reason so far was Whacking Day. Since thats finished, the biggest help is to your friends if you spray paint their building. Ideally they do the same in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Can't seem to add some of you. I'm under FatherHackett.

Read this post from TSTOtips

It explains what you should tap on to benefit your friends, it includes stuff on whacking day as well which is over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The best reason so far was Whacking Day. Since thats finished, the biggest help is to your friends if you spray paint their building. Ideally they do the same in return.

Hi, I read on tstotips that if you spraypaint friends towns you and them lose points on the conformity meter I have noticed this when i was clicking on every mop in the friends towns my conformity stars went up a half a star

its better to click on the longer rent buildings because the clock resets when you click on it eg purple house every 4 hrs you click on one and the owner comes online 3 hrs later they recieve the rent and again 1 hr later

You gain the points quicker when you then click on the mop. You gain much more than you lose IIRC.

Also, just sent 51 characters to the Dutchman. Only Herman and Jasper refused entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

The whole righteousness metre just seems messed up. I can catch Sideshow Bob a few times in a day and it won't budge, and cleaning graffiti sometimes gives me half a star per click and sometimes nothing. The fact that it seems to randomly plummet as well is really annoying (although I saw on Tstotips that it might not be as random as I think, but rather related to game level, i.e. the quest level you're on rather than your actual level).

Does anyone know 100% if it's safe to tap on friends' boardwalk tiles? And if it is, does it actually help them at all or is it as pointless as tapping on Channel 6 or Cletus's farm? Seeing as you can't really reset the timer as you do for buildings since the person has to pay to start a new tile.

Does anyone know 100% if it's safe to tap on friends' boardwalk tiles? And if it is, does it actually help them at all or is it as pointless as tapping on Channel 6 or Cletus's farm? Seeing as you can't really reset the timer as you do for buildings since the person has to pay to start a new tile.

I would really like to know the above as well!

Conform-O-Meter

Screenshot_2013-06-25-17-58-43.png

I was just able to max out the last star in the Obedience by decorating my town with loads of
    stop signs and Hail Ants signs (8 of them hidden behind my cooling towers, my whacking day sign was already there)

The Fried Dough stand gave me half a star I needed for gluttony, I have 3 Krusty Burger and about 6 Gulp ‘n’ Blow's.

To get Consumerism up I currently need about an extra 11 Kwik-E-Mart's (I have 6 already)
    I'm hoping the extra squidport buildings due to be built will reduce this no.
    Edit: I forgot to include the squidport buildings i already, have so maybe an extra 8 Kwik-E-Marts needed!

The only premium buildings I have are the Community Center and Duff Brewery!

I haven't tested it yet but I hoping with so many things now max out, that when my Righteousness drops it won't effect my bonus!
    Edit: Still drops half a percent when righteousness drops!

You can find out more about the Conform-O-Meter ratings by visiting TSTOtips.

Squidport Progress!
    I have to send the captain on a 12 hour task (The Old Man and The Sea Pt. 5), I do it over night!
    Currently building my 18th tile (ready noon tomorrow), I will be bringing my mobile broadband to work tomorrow so I can log in at lunch - collect and start the next one!

The next quest, Squidport Pt. 13, is to have 21 tiles and build Turban Outfitters!

Edit: Currently I have $220488, so if we get a level 31 update this week, I'm on target to have funds for it!

Regards,
    John.

I cant figure out a good layout for the buildings at Squidport. Hopefully its just because I dont have a huge amount of space, but they just dont look right no matter where I try them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I cant figure out a good layout for the buildings at Squidport. Hopefully its just because I dont have a huge amount of space, but they just dont look right no matter where I try them.

i have have them in a long straight row (board walk goes to the left with two tiles width) starting with the lemonade stand right by the squidport entrance and go from smallest to largest, rainsticks is the furthest away, only way i could get them that didn't look odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

homer in the pool, mo and his panda and rev. lovejoy in the train are cracking me up everytime. ;-)

Finally got a lemon tree. Yeah!

Finally got a lemon tree. Yeah!

Congrats on getting a ......

120px-Lemon_Tree_Tapped_Out.png

Still waiting for one! It's a pity you can not steal them anymore!

What money does it payout when you tap on it?

corkie wrote: »
    Congrats on getting a ......

120px-Lemon_Tree_Tapped_Out.png

Still waiting for one! It's a pity you can not steal them anymore!

What money does it payout when you tap on it?

I know, my OH got one from her second or third mystery box and I'd been playing a good while before her and getting nothing but fences and parking lots, so I'd have stolen hers in a heartbeat!

It pays out $200 and 20xp every 6 hours, so pretty decent, especially since it's a decoration.

Edit: Oh yeah, and thanks for the tip on the obedience rating. I've a plethora of stop signs hidden behind things now ;)

• Advertisement

There's no rhyme or reason to this. The only obediensey yoke I have is a single stop sign. I've always been on five stars though.

It pays out $200 and 20xp every 6 hours, so pretty decent, especially since it's a decoration.

Edit: Oh yeah, and thanks for the tip on the obedience rating. I've a plethora of stop signs hidden behind things now ;)

I have 13 Hail ants signs, now all hidden there an ugly decoration, some behind the cooling towers and more behind Penitentiary. And about 15 Stop signs around the town!

It's good to know the payout of lemon tree, wasn't sure if it was worth tapping when visiting friends!
    endacl wrote: »
    There's no rhyme or reason to this. The only obediensey yoke I have is a single stop sign. I've always been on five stars though.

You must have some premium buildings to boost your rating: -
    - Aztec Theater, - Springfield Observatory, - Duff Brewery
    - Krustylu Studios, - Lugash’s Gym, - Open Air Stage

Here's hoping the Wolfcastle ( spoiler alert to that link ) update (level 31) lands tomorrow.

I have $318235 in game funds for it, that an increase of 97747 since 7:15 last night! My bonus is around 32%!

Edit:
    Tip: You can collect in friend's town's up to 6 times, if you make your last four actions quickly tapping on the Mop. I have only ever managed 5 taps the buildings need to be close together for this to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

I need more money :( I've now to build

1) adult education annex

2) fatonys compound

3) Skinners house

4) more land expansion

On the upside though I took a chance on 2 homer Buddha's yesterday-ish and managed to get

Squeeky voice teen and Hans moleman and got the lemon tree out of a mystery box last week sometime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Whats the homer buddhas?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Amazon have released the app on their app store so I finally have the official app on my kindle fire. Yay, no more waiting 24 Hours for updates anymore!

PinkFly wrote: »
    Whats the homer buddhas?

There a premium item you can buy for 15 doughnuts a pop.
    Your guaranteed to get a premium item from them but not guaranteed that they will be any good.
    Luck of the draw really

I did a Buddah before I got the donut hack. Was told it was always premium items so I was thinking something good. I got poxy white fences. :mad:

My money is flying up. The only thing I'm spending is on boardwalk tiles. Everything else is income. I'll pass $5 million on my next collection! It was $2 million only a few weeks ago. Sending everyone on 8 to 12 hour tasks seems to be a very good way of making money.

I did a Buddah before I got the donut hack. Was told it was always premium items so I was thinking something good. I got poxy white fences. :mad:

My money is flying up. The only thing I'm spending is on boardwalk tiles. Everything else is income. I'll pass $5 million on my next collection! It was $2 million only a few weeks ago. Sending everyone on 8 to 12 hour tasks seems to be a very good way of making money.

When I've a few hours to spare I'll send everyone on one hour tasks and only do the longer tasks when I'm working or something and I know I'm not gonna get to check it the whole time.
    I've not even got 100k nevermind 5mil

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

All my friends are gone. they were there 2 nights ago.
    I have logged of and back on and there still gone.

Has this happened to anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's happened to me a couple of times. They came back eventually.

Advertisement