Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dole for midterm?

• 14-10-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Its midterm in 2 weeks :)

But as I am doing a part time maternity leave cover this year, I won't get paid for it. In fact, as I am working in a VEC that pays monthly, I haven't got paid at all yet!

I have heard mixed opinions on whether we can get JSB for the school holidays. I know that technically the hourly rate includes holiday pay but I will still be in effect, down a weeks pay for midterm, 2 for Christmas etc and unfortunately rent and bills still have to be paid.

So, does anyone know if sub teachers are entitled to get JSB for these times?

Also, how would I apply... Is it just the normal JSB application? (I believe they take a while to be processed). I was planning to in to the Dole office on my half day this week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

sitstill wrote: »
    I know that technically the hourly rate includes holiday pay but I will still be in effect, down a weeks pay for midterm, 2 for Christmas etc.

You said it yourself, the hourly rate includes holiday pay. Budgeting is the only option here.

You can be careful though, you'll end up paying more tax since your fortnightly pay is higher, than mine for example, so when you get your p60 next year apply for a balancing statement and you should get a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

you may not be entitled to any holiday pay but it is still vital you sign on to keep your credits up to date ... and it means for the longer holidays you may get some pay.. and once you do start to 'qualify' for pay you still won't get anything for the first three days.
    paperwork is a b***h though so be prepared .. my social welfare office requires what they call 'holiday stints' to be completed - which involves a couple of pages being filled in my whoever does payroll for you (usually the secretary will sort you out) and then these have to be returned to the social welfare office .... esp at xmas and easter maybe collect these a few days before the hols so you can have them ready to hand in when you sign on.
    i know my s.w. office has a whole row of shelves dedicated to 'the teachers' as it is so common for teachers to have to sign on like this. hth

Advertisement