Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI players who should be considered for the national side.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

How much of either Finn or League one do you actually watch?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Would Kevin Feely have the potential to make it seeing how he is being linked with a host of EPL clubs? He can't be any worse than McShane/ O'Dea.
    He's a decent player at this level but would need a huge amount of improvement to be near good enough for Ireland, time is on his side I suppose though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

The fact that Traps was having a press conference at the same time Sligo were winning the league says it all for me. What a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

glineli wrote: »
    The fact that Traps was having a press conference at the same time Sligo were winning the league says it all for me. What a disgrace.

Says more about the FAI than Trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Forrester and Carroll from us are good enough to replace players who played in their positions last friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was Joe Gamble the last LOI player to be be capped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Turns out Pascal has caps for Haiti too. Also Joey is 36 years old. Maybe I shouldn't pick the team.

Maybe you should - all the players you picked turned out to be full internationals. Except for Joe who was very talented and was a full timer.

As a matter of interest how many full internationals are there in the LOI?

Not as much as there used to be but in the qualifying for the last wc a fair few players used to head off for international duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

As a matter of interest how many full internationals are there in the LOI?

Not as much as there used to be but in the qualifying for the last wc a fair few players used to head off for international duty.

Out of curiosity I flew through the list of LOI prem players who have a wiki page. I found...

Millien & Ndo at Sligo
    Rory Patterson at Derry
    Colin Healy at Cork
    Jason Byrne at Bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

We started the season with three. Boco (Benin international) left in August. He missed a few games for us due to international duty during his spells recently.

Pascal turned down a call up recently to stay with Rovers but has been capped in the past.

Colin Healy and Joe Gamble are still in the league. Does Jason Byrne have a cap?

Lee Lynch, David Cawley, Chris Forrester and Ronan Finn are all possible future internationals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We started the season with three. Boco (Benin international) left in August. He missed a few games for us due to international duty during his spells recently.

Pascal turned down a call up recently to stay with Rovers but has been capped in the past.

Colin Healy and Joe Gamble are still in the league. Does Jason Byrne have a cap?

Lee Lynch, David Cawley, Chris Forrester and Ronan Finn are all possible future internationals.

Jayo has two caps, away to Poland and home to Chile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Forrester and Carroll from us are good enough to replace players who played in their positions last friday.

First time seeing Carroll myself and he looked very impressive, looks quite strong for a young guy which always bodes well if he goes abroad. Not sure about Forrester quite yet though, he's very talented but physically he was bullied a few times the games I've seen him play.

Advertisement