Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fossetts circus

Options
  • 14-10-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if fossetts circus have animals in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

axel rose wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if fossetts circus have animals in it?

The last time I was there, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Went to see it on Friday and apart from a couple of little ponies doing rides during half time, no.

Place was packed out on Friday. Haven't seen a circus packed since I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Brilliant!That's one plan that can go ahead!

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

be prepared for a lot of acrobatics and dancing and that kind of thing
    don't know bout Foss**** as such but the last couple of circus' we have gone to we have left disappointed (and i was a bit put off by the dancing to be honest - not suitable for young kiddies imo) and leave the wallet at home -- omg the prices at half time and the pressure to buy all those coloured flashing wands etc ... not for the fainthearted
    but if you do go, enjoy (just be prepared) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Ponies are the only animals they have. Fossetts is great. For starters they are an Irish circus (with acts from all over the world obviously) and I do like to support them. We go every year they're in Maynooth. I've seen the audiences dwindle over the last 5 years which is a shame - they do put on a great show and the kids have a ball. I was talking to Edward (Otto) last year and they are only staying alive through Arts Council grants. In my opinion it's money well spent - culture should be supported and it's one of the oldest circuses in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Went to fossets last year in waterville during the charlie Chaplin festival. An EXCELLENT night I must say. Highly entertaining. I've no kids but I was dreading the thought of being a parent trying to say no to all the flashing light things and bits and bobs. Could end up being a very expensive night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Depends on the kids I suppose. We never buy any of those crappy things at the circus, fairground, wherever. We sometimes buy them the same thing at the local pound shop afterwards for a quarter of the price and they're just as happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Think I'll have to make the trip when they're in Maynooth because we only get Tom Duffys up here in Blanchardstown and my eldest is asking to go because all her little friends from school are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Fossetts is a good show. Lots of acrobatics and stuff and no animals bar the ponies. My kids enjoyed it anyway!

Advertisement