Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get from 02R to laptop

• 14-10-2012 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I have just got an 02r for my band, i am now over the fright i got as it's a lot bigger than i expected.

my amateur question is this,

in order to avail of the 8 in/out ADAT card, two toslink connections, what do i need to get into a laptop?

currently don't have an optical in or out on laptop so was wondering if there is a box i can buy to go from optical to firewire?

all i can find are interfaces offering analogue inputs with mic pres etc

thanks for any advice you can offer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I take you're talking about a DIGI 002r?

Hook it up this way.

Laptop - firewire - digi002r

If you're using an external HD you can simple run that off the 2nd firewire port on the DIGI002. Some folks say to get best results when using a laptop, external HD and the DIGi002r then you should hook it up this way

Laptop - firewire - HD - firewire - DIGI002r. Your firewire HD would require two ports on the back of it.

The optical outs/ins are used to add another pre amp unit to increase the amount of inputs from 8 to 16, however it will still only leave you with 12 pre amps. Focusrite octapre, M-Audio Ocatane or Behringer ADAT are the a few units I've used before. If you do add another pre amp you need the BNC cable to keep everything timed together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

thanks bill but it's a yamaha 02r desk, i only have the optical ADAT on it

this is 8 out and 8 returning to the desk

so im looking for an adaptor box for want of a better description?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

http://www.musicmatter.co.uk/m-audio-profire-lightbridge

this seems to be what i need, but at a price :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Eeek, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

you could still use a digi 002 or 003.

depends on the software to a certain extent. The M-Audio you linked to does the job very well and has 24 inputs, incase you get another ADAT adaptor for the O2r.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

Somebody selling a lightbridge on adverts for E220

http://www.adverts.ie/recording-equipment/m-audio-profire-lightbridge/1692048

buy it!!!! and make sure you get the break-out cables for the word clock etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

I have a spare breakout cable for this if anyone needs it. Actually it's from a FW1814 but it's the same thing.

I could do with a spare break-out cable! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

I'll be in touch. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I have just got an 02r for my band, i am now over the fright i got as it's a lot bigger than i expected.

You've bought yourself a beast

yamaha-02r-v2-255285.jpg

For a band, that's a great piece of kit.

How much did ye pay for it?

Advertisement