Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large womens sportswear?

• 14-10-2012 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know where I can get the above? I mean size 18 waist and 10 in running shoe? does the shoe exist?

Any links appreciated.

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I'm sure you could just buy men's trainers? I mean it goes by the shape of your foot and your running gait, not gender so much AFAIK. Think the colours are just more masculine. As for clothes, I'm sure a quick google will lead you to what it is you seek :D Fair play btw for having the courage to start exercising, keep it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

For shoes - try buying from the US, a lot of running shoes over there go up to a size 12 US which is equivalent to a UK women's size 10. If you have wide feet though you may be best sticking with a men's shoe, women's shoes will be quite narrow in larger sizes.

For clothes - Ronhill stop at a 16, but are said to run large (particularly in tops) - so they may be worth a try. I've seen Athleta (Gap's US-based sportswear franchise) recommended on other running forums, their XL is roughly equivalent to a UK size 18-20 and some of their stuff is really pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

Elverys do the brand bodylogic and I find them great for the range of sizes, and their clothing is very comfortable.Elverys also have a nice range of runners too.I think the size 10 runners are mens but they have a nice variety of colours too.

Advertisement