Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Ring - Tuam Road

Options
  • 14-10-2012 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

This is a long shot but hope anyone can help.

So in an attempt to be romantic someone left a ring, in a box, in an envelope on the windscreen of my car. Me not knowing what it was because it was dark and raining just threw on my wipers thinking it was a piece of rubbish after blowing onto my windscreen.

It blew off somewhere between leaving the Liosban Industrial Est and coming onto the Tuam Road and the old Renault garage.

The envelope is brown and the box is black and white.

If anyone has seen anything please let me know :)

Comments

I walk that way to work - I will keep an eye out in the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Who would leave a bethrothal ring on the windscreen of a car? :eek:
    Congrats btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

snubbleste wrote: »
    Who would leave a bethrothal ring on the windscreen of a car? :eek:
    Congrats btw

I honestly have no idea what was going through his head. To put it there, on a cold and rainy night. Was a nice thought though :)

It's not an engagement ring btw. Well, I bloody hope it's not!

Found it - the sparkle of the diamond caught my eye!

I love boards.ie

Thank you so much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it really found or is pg633 just messing?

I have it and have arranged to meet the OP this evening to hand it over.

Edit - it isn't a diamond ring - that bit was a joke.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have it and have arranged to meet the OP this evening to hand it over.

Edit - it isn't a diamond ring - that bit was a joke.

Bloody hell, thats gas. Fair play and OP you lucky person!!

I hear there is a million euro lotto ticket in tip in Dublin, culd u find that for us :D

Fair play pg633, v honest, you will get that back in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

that's brillaint - what are the chances of that happening. Fair play. Karma will definitely come back and reward you. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

WOW!! That's mad. One for the papers I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Seriously Stench, on your car?! Hahahaha! Quality!

Great that you got it back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Finding the ring in a halloween brack is gonna pale in comparison for pg633 now. Good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Good job! I think that's literally the only time I've seen one of these threads end on a happy note :D

This is a long shot but hope anyone can help.

So in an attempt to be romantic someone left a ring, in a box, in an envelope on the windscreen of my car. Me not knowing what it was because it was dark and raining just threw on my wipers thinking it was a piece of rubbish after blowing onto my windscreen.

It blew off somewhere between leaving the Liosban Industrial Est and coming onto the Tuam Road and the old Renault garage.

The envelope is brown and the box is black and white.

If anyone has seen anything please let me know :)

Do you know who the person was, at least?

Do you know who the person was, at least?

It was my OH of course. I wouldn't be bothered looking for something that a stranger left me.

I got the ring back earlier.

Big thanks to pg633.

It was my OH of course. I wouldn't be bothered looking for something that a stranger left me.

I got the ring back earlier.

Big thanks to pg633.

Just when you said "someone", I thought you meant that a random person had left a ring on your windscreen. Nobody does that for me.

Harrumph.

Glad you got it back, by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just when you said "someone", I thought you meant that a random person had left a ring on your windscreen. Nobody does that for me.

Harrumph.

Glad you got it back, by the way!

Let me know the reg and where it is parked and I promise I will leave one for you.

Just in case it blows off like in the OPs case it might be a good idea to leave the doors unlocked as well. Actually can you leave the keys in the ignition so I can hang it on them in a lovely presentation box with a ribbon? I just know you will love it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 masterduck

Hi
    It's my first time posting on boards.

I was that somebody who left the ring on the car window. I had my reasons and circumstances at the time made it seem like a good idea.

Id like to thank pg633 the person who found it. It was a big deal for me and it meant a lot. I can't thank you enough for keeping your eyes peeled.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hollysf

Ah how sweet :)

Advertisement