Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Hill Sprints – Naas

Options
  • 14-10-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Has anyone any hill recommendations (that I might have overlooked) around Naas for hill sprints?

I’m currently running either side of the roundabout at the top of the Kilcullen Road (past Garda Station) but would like to find a steeper incline.

Cheers in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

If you want serious grass hill running try, Flagstaff its the old British firing ranges at the back of the Curragh camp, its behind the Curragh golf course, anyone around will show it to you, btw bring your cross country cleats, you will need them , best of running on hills you will get anywhere. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

mjth2004 wrote: »
    Has anyone any hill recommendations (that I might have overlooked) around Naas for hill sprints?

I’m currently running either side of the roundabout at the top of the Kilcullen Road (past Garda Station) but would like to find a steeper incline.

Cheers in advance for any suggestions.
    theres one just past the an post sortin office on the right leadin up to the housin estates /hospital or short hill in millineum road

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Joad

I found another hill in Naas the other night while out on a long run, not sure if it is any steeper than the hills at the roundabout your doing at the moment. With the garda station on your left head up to the roundabout, turn left and head straight all the way till you come to the centra on your right (maybe 1 mile). Hill is just past the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mjth2004

Thanks for the replys – sorry about the delay in coming back!

@Liffy Fishing – have yet to have a look for this hill, the commute is a little too far away!

@ultraman1 – good call on the hill across from the sorting post office in Sunday’s Well, short enough but steep gradient.

@Joad – ran that hill (from Blessington Road towards the Centra), it’s shallow enough for hill sprints!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

what about the road between the roundabout on the ballymore road back up to the kilcullen road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Sallins roundabout?

Hills are very steep there.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mjth2004

Cheers @guil for that, that is what I have been sprinting as of late!

But the winner has to be @theresalwaysone, I wouldn't mind but I drive by them nearly every day! Plus it's close to where I live!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i would of thought the ones at the sallins roundabout aren't as steep but i've ever walked there let alone run and prob never will haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Just came across this thread and hoping for some advice.

Not a very experienced runner but have been advised to add intervals and hill sprints into my training so I am looking for hill ideas around Sallins & Naas.

At the moment have tried the hill just after the Sallins Road Roundabout onto the Naas Bypass, starting at the entrance to Millennium Park going towards the new Kerry Group site. Its not a very steep hill at all but it does have a gradual climb, I am trying to keep my pace up as best I can, walk back, then repeat! Is this a suitable hill or should I be looking for something steeper, or longer?

It is prob taking me 40-50 seconds to run to the top, I am not going flat out sprint as yet, prob about 75% of max maybe, trying to work up to max! The distance is abouot 220 metres or so, and doing 10 x sprints and walk back down.

Thanks!

Advertisement