Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System overheating. Looking a new system case with fans/vents.

Options
  • 14-10-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

I have a phenom ll x4 965 and ati hd5850.
    Apart from using the noisy stock cpu cooler, there are performance problems with the two aftermarket coolers I have tried, both of which should be more than capable.
    When I take off the side of the case and direct a room fan, the system performs fine with the aftermarket coolers, so I know its an airflow problem.. the system temps seem fine, probably due to the direction they blow the hot air (compared to the stock).

I am looking at a new system case, an antec gaming one which has a 120mm and a 140mm fan. The one I have now was cheap unbranded crap, with no fans or possibility to mount fans.
    The main difference will be the fans, is it likely that having two case fans will alleviate the airflow problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fanless chinacase? Yeah, a new case would really help.

Advertisement