Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite player?

• 14-10-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Was wondering who everyones fav player was. Adrian Lewis for me!Arrogant and a great thrower...like me haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

And Lewis for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

John Part was and still is my favourite player. Mervyn King and Gary Anderson deserve honorary mentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Lewis, Whitlock and most of all Terry Jenkins

Have a soft spot for Part too! Would love to see him have a resurgence, should've made world semi last year

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

My favorite players to watch when in form are Wade and Lewis.

Have a soft spot for Steve Beaton too, seems like a sound guy.

Have a soft spot for Steve Beaton too, seems like a sound guy.

Yep, Beaton, he seems to just play with a smile and haven't seen him overreact to either a win or a loss. It's like a man who is comfortable with where he's at, he's got his world title, he's a solid player. Anyone meet him and know what he's like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Yep, Beaton, he seems to just play with a smile and haven't seen him overreact to either a win or a loss. It's like a man who is comfortable with where he's at, he's got his world title, he's a solid player. Anyone meet him and know what he's like?

I was standing next to him in city west a few years back,we were queing at reception,he was leaving and i was checking in,he was chatting away with everyone,seemed very friendly and mannerly.
    what really stood out about him was how big he was,id say 6'3" or so and big powerful build aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I was standing next to him in city west a few years back,we were queing at reception,he was leaving and i was checking in,he was chatting away with everyone,seemed very friendly and mannerly.
    what really stood out about him was how big he was,id say 6'3" or so and big powerful build aswell

In fairness, he does also have the most ridiculous nickname.

It's hilarious. As is the open shirt look. Shame the mullet is gone. Again, it seems to reflect something genial about him. It would be arrogant if it was combined with the Big I Am personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Gary Anderson, and Dave Chisnall, if Chizzy could only get better on his doubles, there would be no stopping him as he's such a consistent 180 hitter.... Same for Gary actually, doubles let these guys down...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭elevendarter

For me it´s The Power. But I like most of the players. I kind of dislike Adrian for his arrogance, but he is good to watch and I told everyone years ago he was going to be a champion. And since the last year I ´ve been a fan of The Hurricane - Kim Huybrechts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

yeah,he'd want to do something about that alright.
    a bit like Anderson used to be called "dreamboy",at least he got sense

yeah,he'd want to do something about that alright.
    a bit like Anderson used to be called "dreamboy",at least he got sense

Ah no, I think it's hilarious. It's so overblown. As I said, if I thought he was playing up to it, I might think it was dumb. But it's like he's taking the mick out of himself a little, and his permanent tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Gary Anderson for me, just love how he hits them 180s (when he is in form) and how he pulls the dart right back to his eye. Try it!!! (i'm writing this with one eye btw) :D

On another note, happy to see in the above posts, it's not Phil. Not even one?.... A bit shocking. I guess it's noting to do with the best player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Gotya wrote: »
    Gary Anderson for me, just love how he hits them 180s (when he is in form) and how he pulls the dart right back to his eye. Try it!!! (i'm writing this with one eye btw) :D

On another note, happy to see in the above posts, it's not Phil. Not even one?.... A bit shocking. I guess it's noting to do with the best player.

Personally I don't find him likeable at all but each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

John Part, first pro i ever played and an absolute gent and a class act.
    Honourable mentions for Aidy, gary and Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I like Wade having met him and enjoy watching how cool he is when on form, though there is definitely a lack of mental toughness.

Terry Jenkins is also someone I enjoy, just comes across as a really decent fella - always the bridesmaid though : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Bob Anderson 'was' my favourite player. Loved it when he made a comeback reaching the semis of the world championship in 2004 and 2005. Met him at Citywest one year and he's a pure gent.

Nowadays I would say Gary Anderson. If only he could go that bit extra and challenge Taylor, Lewis and co consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

phil taylor,
    john part,
    eric bristow,
    jocky wilson (RIP)

Said Steve Beaton last week.

And met the man and had a drink with him in Killarney last Saturday. And he was lovely. But have to say they all seemed like a nice bunch, Wright, Winstanley, Chisnall etc. All posing for pics, mingling with the fans, had time for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Whether meeting him on the oche or away from it'd be very hard to meet anyone sounder than our own Brendan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement