Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish A1/Grammar tips?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Slow Show wrote: »
    In the marking scheme last year they definitely gave marks for spelling Ul instead of Iuil. I don't really know how an examiner can give someone marks for saying the 20th of Apple but yeah...

That's annoying though, I thought you'd only get 0 if your misspelling meant something else entirely (really dunno what was going on with Ul).

Maybe alot of people made that mistake or something. They can adjust the marking schemes to a point but that's pushing it a bit alright :pac:

Was thinking of learning the spelling of every answer in the marking schemes cos' answers can be fairly repetitive so that might be worth a few marks at least. It's so much effort for something that could be pretty hit and miss though. I'll talk to my Irish teacher about it tomorrow I think

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Maybe alot of people made that mistake or something. They can adjust the marking schemes to a point but that's pushing it a bit alright :pac:

Was thinking of learning the spelling of every answer in the marking schemes cos' answers can be fairly repetitive so that might be worth a few marks at least. It's so much effort for something that could be pretty hit and miss though. I'll talk to my Irish teacher about it tomorrow I think

We're kinda doing that.. We're going through all past aurals and like trawling to find common words(same for the comprehensions, different list of course).. And tbf it is often the same kinda things coming up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

deise_girl wrote: »
    We're kinda doing that.. We're going through all past aurals and like trawling to find common words(same for the comprehensions, different list of course).. And tbf it is often the same kinda things coming up!

Yeah, think I'll do it at the weekend. Sounds fun *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

deise_girl wrote: »

Yeah I have noticed that when doing them myself! The hardest thing about the listenings is the fact we only get 2 times to listen to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

David1994 wrote: »
    Yeah I have noticed that when doing them myself! The hardest thing about the listenings is the fact we only get 2 times to listen to it.

Oh god yea. Our teacher was recommending to us that we should barely short hand an answer while the tape is playing and use the long breaks before/after to actually write our answer because only hearing it twice its so easy to just toally miss something.
    But I can never remember the answers by the end of it :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement