Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar lights for decking

• 14-10-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anyone know are there any good solar lights on the market?

I am putting in decking and would like a few uplights dotted along it.

Are solar lights any use at all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I was in the same position a while back and opted for hardwired ones, I bought these; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370624091993&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

the reason I didn't go with solar is because solar ones burn out eventually and need replacing, whereas with these you put them in once and forget about them until a bulb blows in ten years

• Registered Users Posts: 21 clift2008

good man james, many thanks

was it a big job getting them wired in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

clift2008 wrote: »
    good man james, many thanks

was it a big job getting them wired in?

na, not really, they come with a 3 pin plug so you can just plug them directly into a outdoor plug if you have one, or if you bring the plug indoors you can just plug them in and out...

I installed an outdoor plug to the underside of one of my joists and plugged them in there, here's how they look 221090.jpg

Advertisement