Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny nicknames

• 14-10-2012 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭

years ago, we used to call my friends Da, "Guinness Gums"
    a lad in school was called, "egg on the head" , he had greasy hair all flattened down on his head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

Brilliant!

Mr. Boo wrote: »
    Brilliant!

you must have been fairly awesome to earn that nickname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Know a fella called Whitebap - cos he had very blond hair. He's had that name for a good 30 years and a lot of people wouldn't even know his real name!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

you must have been fairly awesome to earn that nickname

I punched a T-Rex in the vagina cloaca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

There was a guy I used to work with, his nickname was Ivy because any time you would ask him how he was getting on, he would always say "I'm up the walls"

There was another lad we used to call The Clock. One of his arms was shorter than the other.

There was another lad that would never go out, his nickname was Eternal Flame. We then got wind that he had a girlfriend and he used to go out the odd time so we started calling him Flicker.

• Advertisement

Culleeo wrote: »
    There was another lad that would never go out, his nickname was Eternal Flame. We then got wind that he had a girlfriend and he used to go out the odd time so we started calling him Flicker.

Where'd he get the girlfriend??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Culleeo wrote: »
    There was a guy I used to work with, his nickname was Ivy because any time you would ask him how he was getting on, he would always say "I'm up the walls"

There was another lad we used to call The Clock. One of his arms was shorter than the other.

Trickcyclists say that giving people nicknames is a form of bullying.
    How does that make you feel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

girl2 wrote: »

Mail order i assume !!

what's your nickname Girl2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

When we were growing up an old woman use to hobble into Mass every Sunday carrying two large plastic bags full of bottles, (More than likely to claim the deposits back) She always arrived late and the bottles could be heard clattering as she walked up the aisles.

No one dared take her seat as she would move anyone that was sitting there, (No one would want to sit beside her because she stank of P*iss)

She became known as the "Bottle Maggot" to every kid in the parish.

Kids can be cruel. :p

He must have met her on the bus on his way to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

My mates sister was called coventry eagle

9959 wrote: »
    Trickcyclists say that giving people nicknames is form of bullying.
    How does that make you feel?

Culleeo says, you shouldn't take nicknames and life too seriously.

Mail order i assume !!

what's your nickname Girl2 ;)

It's a secret ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I drank with a girl who went by the nick name of Kit-Kat , she enjoyed telling people it was because she liked four fingers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

It's a secret ;)

I've a fair idea ...

I use my nickname here on boards ... nothing overly exciting about that ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

mattjack wrote: »
    I drank with a girl who went by the nick name of Kit-Kat , she enjoyed telling people it was because she liked four fingers...

in what way did she like four fingers??!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A guy in my first job lost an eye in a work accident, he later picked up the nick name as Cyclops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Used to know a lad and he was called Digit, reason being when he was with a woman he'd always ask her to stick a finger up his bum hole!!

In school, 3 blokes used to hang around together and they were called Egger, Sausey (sp) and rasher!

the cheese & onion man --> kissed a lad whos breath smelt of cheese & onion and didnt know his name!

called 2 of my friends pinky & the brain--> one was v girly the other was v good at school!

The puff --> you could say she was one of the "mean girls" in my year in school, always had a sour puss on her!

The grumpy old man--> another "mean girl" in school, she too was always grumpy like a grumpy old man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

the cheese & onion man --> kissed a lad whos breath smelt of cheese & onion and didnt know his name!

called 2 of my friends pinky & the brain--> one was v girly the other was v good at school!

The puff --> you could say she was one of the "mean girls" in my year in school, always had a sour puss on her!

The grumpy old man--> another "mean girl" in school, she too was always grumpy like a grumpy old man!

!!!

• Advertisement

!!!

l knew someone would !!! cant help it sorry.......!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

There's a man in our village called hand me down the moon,

he was given the name back in my parents day because he was taller then everyone else in the village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

pdiddy wrote: »
    There's a man in our village called hand me down the moon

Haha. My granny (RIP) used to use that nickname for very tall people. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Know a fella called Spanner, don't think anybody knows his real name.

Worked in a job once and the boss called his son in law Wankface , something tells me he wasnt overly impressed with his daughters choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

l knew someone would !!! cant help it sorry.......!!!!

You missed out on putting an exclamation mark in your username, for shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

My best mate earned the name "jazzer".

He fell asleep drunk on a piano one night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I know guys with weird nicknames, ones called Chunk and hes overweight, the other is called Gunky?

My uncles call me Scoops because Im always drunk when they see me.

My dad always called me either Slim or Skin when I was younger, I was always very thin, then I gained weight and everyone calls me slimfast :o

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

Know a guy called Padraig that everyone calls Larry. Very few people know him by his real name, apparently the name dates back to primary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

Rastapitts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

One of the lads is called 'bungalow' because there is nothing upstairs.

Another was called 'gutter' because he was constantly looking up like he was inspecting gutters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

We had a girl named Haddock Fanny in school and another one called The Bucket of Mickeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Grew up with a lad we called Johnny cuckoo, i've know idea why we called him that but still to this day he's still called Johnny cuckoo, now that i think about it, must be awful being called that all your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

in what way did she like four fingers??!:confused:

Erm... oh she just liked popular chocolate bars

I worked with an apprentice electrician years ago called 4 watt, he wasn't very bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I know a guy who's nickname is Deesh, he's had it since he was a kid. It originated when he was about ten years of age after he joined a boxing club. He'd come home from training and display what he had learned that evening and he would make a noise when throwing punches....

Deesh *throws a punch
    Deesh *throws a punch
    Deesh Deesh Deesh *throws 3 punches.

Weird how nicknames stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

There was a guy I knew who was called Jimmy Two Stroke.

The background behind his nickname was that years ago he got a hand job from a local girl and his happy ending came very very very quickly................................. Unfortunately for him, she told everybody......................................... thus Jimmy Two Stroke. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

"Follow the box" and "Fallen Joe" are two nicknames for the same bloke in Carrigaline. He appears at every funeral, christening, wedding etc just for the free drink. He walks around the town after hours and early in the morn to find money people may have lost. A waster of the highest order.

mattjack wrote: »
    Erm... oh she just liked popular chocolate bars

I worked with an apprentice electrician years ago called 4 watt, he wasn't very bright.

:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

we nicknamed a lad "boob" cause he is such a tit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Guy in my village born with a small hand same as Jeremy Beadle, someone named him "The Clock".

macadam wrote: »
    Guy in my village born with a small hand same as Jeremy Beadle, someone named him "The Clock".

Should have just called him Beadle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I know of a group of ageing slappers who drink together collectively known as "The Prolapse Gang".

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

We used to called on guy I knew Thrush-

He was an irritating c""t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Basher Bates. Let's just say he was a bit of a thug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Clus (or however you spell it) because he had big ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Knew a guy called "Killer", but it was one of those ironic nicknames like calling a big lad "Tiny".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

I know a guy who's nickname is Gibbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

A guy in my first job lost an eye in a work accident, he later picked up the nick name as Cyclops.

I worked with a guy in Canada for a few weeks who had the same but he had a much classier nickname.. Left Eye Lopez.

I know a man called Pothole... because everyone is trying to avoid him.

Halfa... because the young fella put his foot under a running lawnmower and now he has half a foot.

Hands and Paws, twin brothers with huge hands

The Scourge... self explanatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Martin Comerford (KK hurler) earned the nickname "Gorta" in college because he went through a bit of a dry spell.

I knew of a girl who got the nickname "No Worst, There is None" after a Gerard Manly Hopkins poem. I understand she was ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh yeah, we had a lecturer that we called "Half-ro" because he had pretty big hair, almost like an afro, but was bald on top, so he had half an afro. A Half-ro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭PatL23

I once knew a shifty lad called Father fluffy bottom!

• Advertisement
Advertisement