Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny nicknames

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 patrikk

School nicknames
    ****tser - his surname is Sheehy
    Crow - he was always hunched and miserable
    Raddish - Surname was Radford
    Beaker - Chemistry teacher (the muppets - a nervous wreck)
    Rambo - ironic,he was a snitch
    Shiner - He'd strong specs that always seemed to sparkle
    Punk - He'd spiky hair
    Froggy - His surname was Fraugham
    Skinner - he always had his head shaved for no reason for 5 years

Theres more but.. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

In a country pub near me, there's an old fellow who's tiny, really really tiny but with a normal head. They call him "The Carrot" because they reckon he grows downwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I worked in a local pub a few years ago, on the day shift the postman would come in to give in the post, all the regulars called him lefty because his route was laid out so he always walked on the left hand side of the road, basically the houses on one side of the road on the way up and the houses on the other side on the way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

There is a guy in my town that didn't have a chin so people actually called him chin.

My Mam has a nickname of Smeary Mary because she was washing the windows before and my friend noticed a smear. My mother now calls her Fallopian Fiona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

My friends call me jay, after jay leno.

I've a huge chin

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Welsh one like Jones the post

- old lad with one remaining tooth.
    Di' central 'eating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

There was 2 travellers in my school and they used to call me "Crackers!" , because money was scarce and all I got everyday for lunch was 4 Cream crackers with either jam or butter... oh the ironing. They were seriously sound fellas and still are.

I have a buddy in work and he has a few friends

Bisto
    Jumpers
    and Edgey

Advertisement