Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne Places to Stay and Job Recruitment Agencies

Options
  • 14-10-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I was wondering does anyone know any good places to stay in Melbourne at a reasonable price as moving there soon.
    Also if anyone knows of some good job agencies that I could contact while I'm there as trying to find work, like labouring, gardening, bar work, shop work or something general like that.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conmc88

http://www.truelocal.com.au

This should help for recruitment agencies in Melbourne

As for accommodation I don't know dude I stayed in Perth

Also keep going on www.gumtree.com.au and searching for work as employers are constantly putting jobs up for people to start immediately also good for accommodation ...ie apartments houses and rooms being rented out

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DiaDhuit29

Thanks man. Any help is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

I would reccomend Habitat hostel in St Kilda to stay at the start. Have stayed in 5 hostels in Melbourne and this was by far the best.
    The best way to find accom is gumtree imo. The city would be ideal to live, but the suburbs are great too. Try fitzroy, St Kilda, Richmond, Carlton, South Melbounre and Southbank. Im currently living in Sothbank, lovley area and 5 min walk to city.
    As for recruitment agencies im with Ranstad . Mates are with Hays, Qpl and Chanler Mcloed. These recruitment agencies are for office work but i have friends with no experience, all working in call centers and admin.

Best of luck mate and enjoy

Alright thanks for you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just after moving into Habitat HQ in St Kilda and its grand, lively place. As for the jobs agencies I am searching myself

• Advertisement

What are the prices of rooms there? Trying to find that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

If your looking to stay long term then have a look at this thread I made about places to live in Melbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

pinnacle.com.au
    octopus recruitment
    hotelstaff.com.au
    smart recruitment
    Front line hospitality
    Scott Bolton recruitment

all these guys are the recruitment agencies that I know off that specialize in hospitality work - which there is heaps of in Melbourne. Keep in mind the Melbourne cup is starting on the 6th of November, a lot of these agencies will be crying out for staff at these kind of events. They pay decent rates as well

Alright thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Doc wrote: »
    If your looking to stay long term then have a look at this thread I made about places to live in Melbourne.

Cheers for that. Very handy to get an overview of some of the areas.

Regarding renting, can anyone recommend a good site for finding a place to live? I'll be looking to find a place, or a room, somewhere when i move over in Feb. Thinking Brunswick, Fitzroy or St Kilda.

Advertisement