Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed charter change

Options
  • 14-10-2012 7:25pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    In an effort to protect boards and local business, the moderators of the South East forums are proposing to ban rumors of business being in trouble, gone or going bust, unless there's something to back that up. As you can imagine rumors like this can have a negative effect on business and on occasion can be started maliciously to damage a business. I don't want to get in the way of other opinionated posts being written, such as service in restaurant x is poor, business y is expensive, pub z would be more suitable for locals than a stag/ hen etc.... How as ever, if a business goes bust, it's a fairly black and white scenario and it will usually end up fairly rapidly in a media source such as the Kilkenny People or there'll be a sign outside the shop, which would be the only way you could start such a thread. The punishment will probably be a warning if it's your first offense.
    If you have any thoughts let me know.
    Thanks
    CH

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fully support this addition, infact I recently started a thread about people starting such threads on the Waterford forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056776192

Its very easy for such a rumor to become self fulfilling if the word gets out, suddenly bookings can drop, suppliers might get abit wary and start or reduce credit etc.

Advertisement