Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arma 2 + OA refuses to work on my machine

Options
  • 14-10-2012 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

TL;DR: Arma wont work on my awesome spec machine, know why? Know anyone with pro-level experience with PC gayming software and hardware who does?

Hey folks,

Over a month ago, I built myself a new gayming rig, with the intention of failing my college exams due to excessive amounts of Arma 2 and Day Z becoming the focal point of my life for the coming months.

However, this has unfortunately been a plan that hasn't come to fruition, due to the fact that I have been repeatedly encountering the same problem every time I try to run Arma 2 or Operation Arrowhead.

The game starts up, gets to the main menu (sometimes if I click through fast I can get into a mission, but it will still crash) .
    The game will crash. the screen with go black and I will get a message on my taskbar informing me that my graphics driver has crashed and now recovered. I have to either ALT+ENTER or CTRL+ALT+DEL in order to close the game down.

I have been in touch with Bohemia Tech Support and not had any satisfaction, at this point I would be willing to pay someone money to come over and definitively fix the problem and get Arma to run on my machine.

Here are more details about my machine's spec and the nature of the problems and what I've attempted to do to resolve the problems so far (please read this before offering any suggestions, thanks)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140078-ARMA-2-Black-Screen-on-start-uo-Please-help

Thanks for taking the time to read through my post, all suggestions are welcome and feel free to PM me details of anyone you may know who is a pro at this kind of stuff.

Thanks,

Thomas.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Going by the email you got back it seems it might not be possible to run the game on your machine at all. I have some older games that just wont run on a modern machine. This could simply be the case here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Whats your graphics card/CPU and do you have the latest drivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ThomasCreeby

Hawke wrote: »
    Whats your graphics card/CPU and do you have the latest drivers?

Seriously dude? ****in' hell...
    Here are more details about my machine's spec and the nature of the problems and what I've attempted to do to resolve the problems so far (please read this before offering any suggestions, thanks):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140078-ARMA-2-Black-Screen-on-start-uo-Please-help

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Calm down, you don't mention updateing your graphics drivers there, only the current version, You list the version number but not if thats the latest or if you checked if there's a newer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Someone is trying to help you here, he's not obliged to so don't get in such a fowl mood. Have you trying re-installing the game to rule out installation issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Do you have lucidmvp installed?

If so turning it off may not be enough, go to the game profile section and untick Arma from the list.
    See if that works.

Some of my games will not work if lucidmvp is on even though I am not trying to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Could it be anything to do with the Refresh rate of the TV ? 50Htz ?
    Do you have your Graphics card forcing it to 60 or above ?

EDIT sorry I see you have that listed in the ARMA forum as not being an issue.

hawke wrote: »
    Calm down, you don't mention updateing your graphics drivers there, only the current version, You list the version number but not if thats the latest or if you checked if there's a newer one.
    Someone is trying to help you here, he's not obliged to so don't get in such a fowl mood. Have you trying re-installing the game to rule out installation issues?

Lads, I've posted a link to the thread on the Bohemia forums, stressing the importance of reading said thread before responding here, which if either of you bothered to read in detail, it would have already answered your responses.

Now get all grumpy with me for pointing out your own ignorance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Lads, I've posted a link to the thread on the Bohemia forums, stressing the importance of reading said thread before responding here, which if either of you bothered to read in detail, it would have already answered your responses.

Now get all grumpy with me for pointing out your own ignorance. :D

Still the original point applies, no need to get so grumpy and angry when people offer to help even if youve already answered the question or not, good look getting any help with an attitude like that

VinLieger wrote: »
    Still the original point applies, no need to get so grumpy and angry when people offer to help even if youve already answered the question or not, good look getting any help with an attitude like that

Solid contribution from another whine bag with no computer expertise.

Mate, you couldnt offer help if you wanted to, so why not bugger off and stink up someone else's thread with your retardation?

• Advertisement

earlyapex wrote: »
    Do you have lucidmvp installed?

If so turning it off may not be enough, go to the game profile section and untick Arma from the list.
    See if that works.

Some of my games will not work if lucidmvp is on even though I am not trying to use it.

Yeah mate, I've taken a look at it and ran the game both with and without it switched on and got the same results.

Friend of mine had a similar issue and on any other day I'd just post up what he did but the combination of a pounding migraine and your rotten attitude to posters trying to help you has convinced me not to bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Mate, you couldnt offer help if you wanted to, so why not bugger off and stink up someone else's thread with your retardation?

I know why it won't work but with that attitude....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think we're done here.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement