Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to pay?

Options
  • 14-10-2012 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Just a bit of background: I was meant to have a job for the summer but there were delays with the place opening up so I was asked a week or two ago if I'd still be interested. I said yes, even though I wasn't 100% sure if I'd be able to do it along with college.

I went in for training but after the first day of it I was having serious doubts about whether I could balance the two. After a lot of thought overnight I decided to call up the next day and say that I wouldn't be able to continue with the training as I wouldn't be able to do the job and be in college full time too.

I only realised today that it's possible that I could be entitled to payment. I was told that I'd be paid for the training, but to be honest, I'd completely understand if I wasn't entitled to anything because of the fact that I didn't finish it. Just wanted to know really if I should be paid, I don't expect the answer to be yes but if it is I'd like to know so I could chase it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

i wouldn't think so ... but don't know a lot about this
    how long was the day of training? did you have it in writing that you would be paid for this training?
    tbh, personally i wouldn't even be thinking of persuing it as i'd feel the employer has already wasted their money on that day's training me ... but that would just be my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

i wouldn't think so ... but don't know a lot about this
    how long was the day of training? did you have it in writing that you would be paid for this training?
    tbh, personally i wouldn't even be thinking of persuing it as i'd feel the employer has already wasted their money on that day's training me ... but that would just be my opinion

Yeah that's how I feel as well, honestly even if I am I wouldn't feel comfortable persuing it but just wanted to ask really on the off chance. Like I said, I'm not expecting anything, just sort of curious really.

Nothing was in writing so I do highly doubt it.

Advertisement