Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken ego battery :(

Options
  • 14-10-2012 9:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

Hello folks, 2 week old vaper noob here.

Well my ego battery just clattered onto my rock hard floor and now it doesnt work. Basically its fkked. I have ordered a new one but in the meantime I'd like to know if there are any protective covers I can buy for my new one? Sort of like a gel / silicone phone case ... except for e-cigs :) I really don't want this to happen again! Luckily a friend of mine gave me his spare, but what if he wasn't around? I'd be back on the 20 Benson!!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Don't know if there's a case but it's always good to have a couple of batteries. So your not stuck when one dies, gets lost or needs charging. There's a lanyard you can get for carrying it around your neck which might work?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

yeah the lanyard or pouch would be the best solutions, i soldered quite a few ego batts back together and bedded
    the contacts in hot glue after and popped em back together, makes em a lot tougher

the impact moves the battery with force inside the tube and disconnects a solder-joint top or bottom,
    only attempt to fix it if you are familiar with basic circuitries and soldering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i got one of those lanyard puches off a chinese site when i was ordering something else - i couldn't justify the prices some local vendors were charging for what's basically 2 pieces of fake leather and a bead! it looks neat though. i'd have a go at making one with that bendy packing foam and some fabric but it'd be a bit more crappy rustic looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Ninjer

Thanks folks, the lanyard seems pretty good. Arteya can you tell me which Chinese site you got it from?

I was also thinking of wrapping some tape around it. What's the stuff they wrap around hurleys and handlebars? Sports tape?!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

artyeva wrote: »
    i got one of those lanyard puches off a chinese site when i was ordering something else - i couldn't justify the prices some local vendors were charging for what's basically 2 pieces of fake leather and a bead! it looks neat though. i'd have a go at making one with that bendy packing foam and some fabric but it'd be a bit more crappy rustic looking.

There's Lanyards here in Ireland for sale and in my opinion they are very reasonable from €4 and have next day delivery plus its supporting an Irish based business.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/86-ego-lanyard.html
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/accessories/30-joyetech-lanyards.html

• Advertisement

i wasn't trying to diss any irish vendors here!!! - i stuck it onto the end of an order of something else thinking it'd be handy, is all. i'm out of work, on a budget - and most importantly - cheap. i would have made something myself if i hadn't seen it on that chinese site, cause i stand by the fact that for me personally - €4 is too much to pay for something so 'cheap' :o genuine apologies if i offended anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

artyeva wrote: »
    i wasn't trying to diss any irish vendors here!!! - i stuck it onto the end of an order of something else thinking it'd be handy, is all. i'm out of work, on a budget - and most importantly - cheap. i would have made something myself if i hadn't seen it on that chinese site, cause i stand by the fact that for me personally - €4 is too much to pay for something so 'cheap' :o genuine apologies if i offended anyone.

I'm out of work myself so I know where your coming from and point taken. I didn't mean to come across as saying you were dissing Irish vendors, I just thought it wouldn't be worthwhile ordering a lanyard from China that would take 2 to 4 weeks or something for delivery when a good one can be got here for €4. So apologies to you too if I came across too direct ;)

aw, not direct at all, i'm just uber cheap! like... i modded a hard cd case from the local €2 shop [was the bargain bin for €1] instead of buying a case for bottles of juice.... i'm *that* kind of cheap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Ninjer wrote: »
    Hello folks, 2 week old vaper noob here.

Well my ego battery just clattered onto my rock hard floor and now it doesnt work. Basically its fkked. I have ordered a new one but in the meantime I'd like to know if there are any protective covers I can buy for my new one? Sort of like a gel / silicone phone case ... except for e-cigs :) I really don't want this to happen again! Luckily a friend of mine gave me his spare, but what if he wasn't around? I'd be back on the 20 Benson!!!

Thanks.
    It's an easy fix, a wire has become disconnected & needs to be soldered back in position,...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaOVmidfMhU

Advertisement