Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Review

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The requested URL /images/WheelBalAlign1.jpg was not found on this server.
    The requested URL /SpecialOffers.html was not found on this server.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

There may be updates to the site ongoing at the.moment

biko wrote: »
    The requested URL /images/WheelBalAlign1.jpg was not found on this server.
    The requested URL /SpecialOffers.html was not found on this server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

From a super quick glance...

If the text in the top logo isn't going to be part of the logo and part of the overall branding work, get it out of the image and directly onto the page as (search engine readable) text. Especially relevant for the phone number currently buried in the logo image at the top.

Personally I find the heavy red in both the logo image and the footer to be a little jarring. I'd think about doing a little more with the gradient effect on both of those to give the page a nicer 'feel' (not sure if what I'm saying there is clear, but hopefully you can get the meaning even if I am tripping over the words).

The site will be heavily dependant on local search. Get the full address (in a standardised way that is consistent across the web) onto the homepage (footer will do - sitewide address is good as it's relevant for every page).

Has much thought gone into the site architecture? I can't see the client getting much value out of the offers, media and links nav links. If they'll be using them heavily, fair enough (though I'd also add don't use a 'links' page heavily regardless), but I don't imagine that they will. Figure out what they will use and what will provide the most benefit for them and rework the navigation accordingly.

If they intend on using their social profiles, make the links more prominent and with a clear call to action. If not, drop them from the contact page completely (at the moment it's a circular link there).

The main header image looks stretched and low quality for a pic of that size. I'd consider getting a better quality pic, potentially using it in a smaller size and then using part of that valuable real-estate to show offers/specials/key services prominently on the page. If they like the layout and intend keeping that style, might be worth investing in some nice panoramic shots for the pics that appear in the content to give a better balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Homepage photo is too big and blurred. Many of your photos need some graphic processing and aren't big enough to shop meaningful detail.

Grey text on grey is bad colour combination for readability. Contrast is your friend.

Merge map onto contact page. Put email address on contact page and style the form a bit.

Facebook page isn't being exploited for business purposes with personal stuff which isn't relevant to biz. Eg 'About - im poor because i sell tyres to cheap' wtf!!

Twitter link just doesn't work.

Social Media links are confined to contact page only.

Homepage content is poor with you talking mainly about yourself and not about what you can do to address your prospective customer's issues and concerns. Make better use sales techniques.

Capitals and spaces in filenames aren't a good idea. Make some of the filenames more descriptive.

No prices or any indications thereof. That information is far too important for making a purchase decision. Many will look elsewhere for a site with prices.

Opening times could be shortened. You don't need each weekday and Xmas Day listed.

Don't have an offers page if you have no offers, you're just raising and then dashing expectations.

The media page doesn't do much, change it to a photo gallery.

Avoid using tables for layout. Tables are for tabular data not layout which should be done using css.

The text in some gifs is jagged, use anti-aliasing to smooth them.

Spelling mistakes = sloppy. Proofread all your content for spelling, grammar and punctuation and then get someone else to the same again.

Avoid using click here as link text.

Absolutely great feedback. Thanks everyone

tricky D wrote: »
    Homepage photo is too big and blurred. Many of your photos need some graphic processing and aren't big enough to shop meaningful detail.

Grey text on grey is bad colour combination for readability. Contrast is your friend.

Merge map onto contact page. Put email address on contact page and style the form a bit.

Facebook page isn't being exploited for business purposes with personal stuff which isn't relevant to biz. Eg 'About - im poor because i sell tyres to cheap' wtf!!

Twitter link just doesn't work.

Social Media links are confined to contact page only.

Homepage content is poor with you talking mainly about yourself and not about what you can do to address your prospective customer's issues and concerns. Make better use sales techniques.

Capitals and spaces in filenames aren't a good idea. Make some of the filenames more descriptive.

No prices or any indications thereof. That information is far too important for making a purchase decision. Many will look elsewhere for a site with prices.

Opening times could be shortened. You don't need each weekday and Xmas Day listed.

Don't have an offers page if you have no offers, you're just raising and then dashing expectations.

The media page doesn't do much, change it to a photo gallery.

Avoid using tables for layout. Tables are for tabular data not layout which should be done using css.

The text in some gifs is jagged, use anti-aliasing to smooth them.

Spelling mistakes = sloppy. Proofread all your content for spelling, grammar and punctuation and then get someone else to the same again.

Avoid using click here as link text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

Very amateur looking. If the quality of the service provided by BT is anything like the quality of the website, I wouldn't be stopping by in a hurry. I'm guessing your the 14 year old son of the owner or something?

No my cousin designed the site!

starch4ser wrote: »
    Very amateur looking. If the quality of the service provided by BT is anything like the quality of the website, I wouldn't be stopping by in a hurry. I'm guessing your the 14 year old son of the owner or something?

Advertisement