Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many county finals have mullingar won

Options
  • 14-10-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

i think mullingar are due a final and sunday could be their day if there is a good ref

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

finky1 wrote: »
    i think mullingar are due a final and sunday could be their day if there is a good ref

Shamrocks have 10, last win in 2000 (and will be waiting a bit longer)
    Lomans have 3 (surprisingly,not a lot, considering they had a great underage set up in the late 1990's)

Athlone still leads the way with 18 titles, last one, sadly, in 1998!!!!!!!!

Garrycastle looking for its 7th since 2001 (fantastic considering they did not all do that brilliantly underage - though their lads were always great players)

The Athlone side of the County (including Castledaly, seem to be fairing better)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

thats 11 for mullingar a very good ref garrycastle ran out of ideas in second half very unfitbiggrin.png

thats 11 for mullingar a very good ref garrycastle ran out of ideas in second half very unfitbiggrin.png

Good call on the prediction front. Congrats, if you are a Mullingar man. Makes the club championship very interesting and completely unpredictable , see for example Dublin Championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Heard there were a few Punches thrown in the Garrycastle Dressing Room after the game....

Told ye before involving a certain Dysfuntional Family in a club always ends up in a row.

galait wrote: »
    Heard there were a few Punches thrown in the Garrycastle Dressing Room after the game....

Told ye before involving a certain Dysfuntional Family in a club always ends up in a row.
    would that family ever had played for athlone years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Anything serious?

"would that family ever had played for athlone years ago"

Yes Sir

Garrycastle looking for its 7th since 2001 (fantastic considering they did not all do that brilliantly underage - though their lads were always great players)

My Hole , Great Players in GAA have proved themselves on the National Stage over many years , In Westmeath Colours Garrycastle Players have always choked on the big stage..

My Hole , Great Players in GAA have proved themselves on the National Stage over many years , In Westmeath Colours Garrycastle Players have always choked on the big stage..

I am not a Garrycastle man, in reality, I should revel in their defeat. However, I am not that petty.

They should have beaten Crossmaglen in the first game , as Cross did not turn out and took it handy and for granted.

However, unless you are Cross, it is very difficult to get even to the Provincial, even for a Connacht club (in their respective)

How can you say that they choked. There is no shame in loosing to Cross. No other Westmeath club achieved what they did.

No doubt, knowing the very person that you are referring too, explain the performances of the other 10 -12 players so who lined out for Westmeath. If I recall, that particular fella that you are referring to has an U21 medal. More than you could ever achieve in your life no matter how many lives that you live.

They might have choked in Westmeath Colours (The town of Athlone does not give a rats arse for Westmeath. You would be quicker to be aware of Roscommon or even Galway playing a match than Westmeath when you see the flags etc) They most certainly have not choked on a national level playing for GarryCastle

Just to point out the obvious, I was not referring , in any way to the Westmeath GAA team, but Garrycastle, and Westmeath Club football in general

By your attitude, most of the lads who play for Westmeath, choke

By the way, very few Great GAA players are Great Club and County men all in one. The Kerry boys were not all that pushed about club (with exception of Dr Crokes). Pat Spillane barely played for his (for understandable reasons) Paidi admitted that he was not a great clubman (again understandable) Oisin McConville is a huge exception, and so too Gooch Cooper of Kerry

THis is what I said
    "Garrycastle looking for its 7th since 2001 (fantastic considering they did not all do that brilliantly underage - though their lads were always great players)"

I am clearly referring to club football, and club as a team. And no more, the standard and attitude is different

You said
    y Hole , Great Players in GAA have proved themselves on the National Stage over many years , In Westmeath Colours Garrycastle Players have always choked on the big stage.

How does that relate. ? Carlow and Wicklow have good club or two, crap county teams. Armagh has only won 1 AI and a small handful of underage, yet the club wins left right and centre. Mayo clubs did the business (after some pain, Cross n Ballina) but the County can't win a title for love nor money in any age group (bar u21) Westmeath are not that great, and being in Leinster does not help. Live with it

And yes, from growing up , matching some of those lads, they were great players. One or two are still great players.(and have plenty of schools leinster medals to prove it) One of them never got a chance to play senior intercounty football. Maybe one or two are not cut out for intercounty, but, you can say that about alot of the Westmeath team throughout its history

Yes Sir

Evidence that this family was involved in the punch up? What was the context?

A family that falls out with a sports teams is dysfunctional? (I am fully aware of what happened there by the way) Or maybe more than just sport? My my they are very strong words to be using

• Advertisement

Yes Sir
    i wonder if that the end of it , or will it go higher, or will garrycastle club take any action or let the players rule the club with their bully tactics .it was great when ye were winning . retirements and suspensions are needed to keep club going or let the players rule. or better still get in their dad he do a great job

best of luck tomorrow to mullingar dont draw win it tommorrow

Advertisement