Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car wash near/in Raheny?

Options
  • 14-10-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I recently moved from Chapelizod to Raheny, and I wonder where I can get my car washed.

While I lived in Chapelizod I used to go out on the N4 to that Petrol Station at the Foxhunter. There were those boys that would wash the car with the mitts. I really liked that.

Does anyone know of a similar service in my new area?
    Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

topaz on the howth road, killester has carwash and d-i-y job too

and welcome to the neigbourhood pal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

do not use the topaz by the old sheiling, does a terrible job! waste of money. I would say that the texaco on the howth road is the best in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

Hi,

thanks for the answers. And do these places use brushes (boo) or mitts (yay)?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭opti0nal

thanks for the answers. And do these places use brushes (boo) or mitts (yay)?

Thanks
    The Texaco has a drive-through machine (buy code in the garage) or a manual coin-op water-jet/brush/shampoo/wax. The latter costs 2 euro for each three minutes and you can switch modes as you go. So it can be very good value if you're quick. It's DIY.

There might be a manual wash/valet service in Harmonstown near the Dart station and there could be one at Tesco, Artaine Castle..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

The folks in artane castle car park do an excellent job, (minus the brushes) where you park while you do your shopping

For another couple of bob they actually valet the car beside the bottle bank..

Hhmmm think ill get one today :)

• Advertisement

Squ wrote: »
    The folks in artane castle car park do an excellent job, (minus the brushes) where you park while you do your shopping

hi, how much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

There is a good place a couple of miles out the Malahide Road at Kinsealy, on the right (Applegreen Station), hand wash etc etc the place is always busy which is a good sign. Fuel price is good there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Squ wrote: »

hi, how much are they?
    Think 7 for a wash and tyre dress
    Around 15 will get your sills cleaned, cabin/boot hoovered.
    20 windows inside done. If not exact, wont be a million miles away

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭alanashe

There's a place on the Harmonstown Road and the lads do a great job. Its beside the furniture place and just down from Harmonstown Motors.

alanashe wrote: »
    There's a place on the Harmonstown Road and the lads do a great job. Its beside the furniture place and just down from Harmonstown Motors.
    Hi there,
    do you know if they use brushes or mitts?
    I'm really quite particular about this....

I heard that there's a valet service in the clarehall tesco. Is that any good, does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭alanashe

I havent a clue what they use, I just drop car when I'm going to get my hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I heard that there's a valet service in the clarehall tesco. Is that any good, does anyone know?

If it is the one I'm thinking of I wouldn't use it. It is one of the shopping trolley type setups where they wash the car with a rag while you are doing your shopping (probably use ONR or similar, but I can't confirm this)

There is a self-service wash at the petrol station beside lidl just down from Clarehall that looks OK (again I haven't used it) or as someone already mentioned the wash at the applegreen up in Kinsealy. They use sponges up there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

There are a group of guys that have a car wash valet business near the bed and furniture shop on the Harmonstown road, you can't miss it.

Edit: Opps, just saw alanashe's post

Advertisement