Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reggae, ska, oi! gigs in Dublin??

Options
  • 14-10-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

HEY!
    I recently moved to Dublin and I am not into those discos and stuff. I searched the forum but the threads are old ones and I am sure the gigs, events have changed. Is anyone informed what's going in Dublin City? ;) Any ska, reggae nights...? The Twisted pepper was incredible last night!!
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Foggy Dew normally have one on a Sunday night. It's really good but.. it's a Sunday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Think there's usually a reggae band in The Turks Head on Parliament Street every Thursday. Was there once and they're good, can't remember the name of the band but I think they play there every week.

Fibbers have reggae bands every so often I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Mercantile were doing a Ska night last night. Not sure if its a regular thing, I think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Ireland's two best Oi bands were playing last Saturday in Dalymount, Runnin' Riot and the Freebotters, keep an eye on here for gigs:

http://thumped.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?14-Eirecore

There's a skinhead ska reggae night every Friday night in Sin E on the queys which is free in.

Also check out the No Bother shop in Temple Bar for info on any ska and reggae nights

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

downstairs in Sweeney Mongrel on dame street, Saturday nights, worries outta national, free in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Sin E have Ska gigs on friday nights i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Think there's usually a reggae band in The Turks Head on Parliament Street every Thursday. Was there once and they're good, can't remember the name of the band but I think they play there every week.

Fibbers have reggae bands every so often I think.

Seven Deadly Skins, and yes, they're very good. Can make Friday morning a tough one though of course...

Advertisement