Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monitor Issues

• 14-10-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there.

I have mentioned this in another thread where another user had a similar issue, but that threads really old so I though I should make another thread.

Basically, I have an issue with my BenQ G2255 monitor. I have severe brightness issues with it and I can't correct them by changing monitor settings, graphics/video card settings, driver updates etc.
    The best way I could describe the issue is there seems to be a "glow" or greyish tint when viewing something dark on my monitor (this is especially evident while playing games).

I can't seem to find many other people with this issue, and all monitor reviews are good, so I'm not sure if this problem is unique to me, or if I'm just being a picky bastard :D.

Oh, I'm certain it's not an issue with any internal components as I tried using another monitor and this issue wasn't apparent.

If anyone has this same monitor could you tell me your experience with it? And if you come across anyone else with this issue, could you link it to me?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is the glow still there without any input signal ? Is there a reset to defaults in the monitors menu system ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tobasco

ZENER wrote: »
    Is the glow still there without any input signal ? Is there a reset to defaults in the monitors menu system ?

Ken

I have already reset the monitor to factory default a couple of times, but no luck.

I messaged BenQ about it and they told me to send it back to them to repair it, but the only thing is I'm not sure if this is actually a problem or if it's just how the monitor is made. I was leaning towards it's an actual problem with the monitor, as I literally just sent them one message and they automatically wanted me to send it to get repaired, without inquiring any further. Maybe it's a common issue with that monitor?

Thanks for replying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If you only got it recently RMA it, could well be the monitor was faulty on arrival. Fwiw I have a Benq panel (not same model) but the quality from it is excellent

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tobasco

yoyo wrote: »
    If you only got it recently RMA it, could well be the monitor was faulty on arrival. Fwiw I have a Benq panel (not same model) but the quality from it is excellent

Nick

Thanks for replying.

Yeah, I'm in the Process of RMA'ing it. Hopefully this fixes the problemm.

Advertisement