Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Tattoo Addiction

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah don't think it's illegal in the UK either. Most studios will have a no alcohol policy, so even if they did decide to tattoo you, you'd still have to sign the form thingy, giving consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Yeah don't think it's illegal in the UK either. Most studios will have a no alcohol policy, so even if they did decide to tattoo you, you'd still have to sign the form thingy, giving consent.

I think this all leads back to the question of ethics... We had a guy come in the day of his friends funeral...he was pretty drunk, and pretty emotional, and asked that we tattoo his friends nick-name and date DOD on his arm. I refused, and he started begging, with tears in his eyes, so we tattooed it, but did not charge him. A few weeks later he called in and asked if we could make a change to the tattoo, he had the spelling wrong!

All of the above being said, many years ago while working in a studio in Australia, I would wake regularly to discover new piercing and tattoos on random parts of my body... we would leave work, head to the pub across the road, get wasted and spend the night piercing and tattooing each other... I even let my friends wife tattoo me, we were both wasted, and she had never held a tattoo machine in her life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Unfortunately what's unethical and what's illegal are totally different things when it comes to tattooing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

myself and 2 of my mates all got matching tattoos while on a piss up in prague.when we went up first they told us to come back the next day but we were still hammered when we went back a day later.in fairness they probably shudnt have tattooed us but they had a beer wit us and decided to go for it.my mates kind of regret getting it done now but i dont.its a good story to tell and it was a good experience

Advertisement