Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing Comment "breaks" code?

Options
  • 14-10-2012 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just looking at some code for the first time in years and am working on a project for my site. Nothing hugely fancy, just a timeline for me and my friends to enter milestones on. But I digress.

I got the code I'm using from GitHub (It's here and by the example, its excellent and perfect for what I want) and I've got it working on my own machine now (remember, n00b here, thats a big deal :D) but I've a query. There is an example that I've copied the source from to get it working but if I edit the comment at the top, which is simply an ascii art version of the function name, the function doesn't work? This doesn't bother me, I'm happy to leave it in but I just want to know why this is happening? If I delete even just one character, the timeline won't load at all. P.S. I'm running it in Chrome if that matters?

Any ideas?

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

You could try opening the developer console in Chrome and see what's causing the error!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Removing comments shouldn't cause any issues since comments are ignored when the source is converted to binary. I expect you're not removing the comment properly, make sure you remove the <!-- that indicates start of comments and --> that indicates end of comment.

If this isn't the issue try to specify what file and what comment it is that you are removing.

On running the google spreadsheet example removing the ascii name makes no difference as expected.

Advertisement