Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing Airsoft guns

• 14-10-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, I wanted to know if I were to buy an airsoft gun online from spain, If it would be stopped at customs. Also, if anyone has had experience with the website in the below link, could they tell me it's reliability.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

What link??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

importing an airsoft gun is rarely cheaper than buying it in Ireland. after shipping, vat and customs, also you're buying Irish with the retailers backing. also make sure the AEG isn't over powered (not sure what the limit is in Spain).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

T4RGET wrote: »
    importing an airsoft gun is rarely cheaper than buying it in Ireland. after shipping, vat and customs, also you're buying Irish with the retailers backing. also make sure the AEG isn't over powered (not sure what the limit is in Spain).

Well if he was buying it from Spain there wouldn't be any customs on it since it is in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Anything gun shaped coming through the post is being checked, regardless of origin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Well if he was buying it from Spain there wouldn't be any customs on it since it is in Europe.

What T4RGET is referring to with regards customs is the legality of the aeg not the VAT. If it does fire above 328fps then customs seize and destroy it as it is classed as a firearm under our law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭biz96

Dogwatch wrote: »
    Anything gun shaped coming through the post is being checked, regardless of origin.
    If coming through the post. Most european shops are sending goods by courier companies.

Hi T4RGET

For example:
    JG MP5 - http://www.taiwangun.com/sub-machine-guns/jg067-jg_1.html - 94,63euro
    spring (300fps) - http://www.taiwangun.com/gearboxes-and-parts/springs/spring-sp-90-guarder.html - 10,76euro
    UPS Courier 13,95euro
    Spring installation - free (one email)
    Overall cost - 119,34 euro
    And the same MP5 in Ireland http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=1789&sub=283&subcat=Submachine Guns
    From Taiwangun i've got:
    -vest
    -boyi m4
    -lots of upgrade parts
    -hydration pack
    -M9 KJW

biz96 wrote: »
    If coming through the post. Most european shops are sending goods by courier companies.

Hi T4RGET

For example:
    JG MP5 - http://www.taiwangun.com/sub-machine-guns/jg067-jg_1.html - 94,63euro
    spring (300fps) - http://www.taiwangun.com/gearboxes-and-parts/springs/spring-sp-90-guarder.html - 10,76euro
    UPS Courier 13,95euro
    Spring installation - free (one email)
    Overall cost - 119,34 euro
    And the same MP5 in Ireland http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=1789&sub=283&subcat=Submachine Guns
    From Taiwangun i've got:
    -vest
    -boyi m4
    -lots of upgrade parts
    -hydration pack
    -M9 KJW

that's fair enough mate, but be aware the customs are cracking down ALOT if you're not in the loop with you may have missed some problems regarding retailers and customs, never mind individuals. Personally I'd still buy AEG's and pistols in Ireland but that's just me. also you have linked the spring with it, which is all good but are they installing it for you?

Yes.They are installing spring for free.

Yes.They are installing spring for free.

well then the AEG will technically legal in Ireland but there is still a high possibility it will be stopped, if you think it's worth it, by all means fire away but we have given you a heads up.
    if you do go ahead, do post back as I'd be curious as too how customs are handling their new attitude to importing airsoft gear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sealgaire

well, they are only toys so customs shouldn't have any issue

• Advertisement

sealgaire wrote: »

that's a bit of a naive attitude mate. the point is if it's over powered it is a firearm and not just a toy as you've put it. He's said that they will downgrade it so let's see how it fares :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

sealgaire wrote: »

In the law they're regarded as "Realistic Imitation Firearms". That's quite a step up from "toy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

be aware of the fact, that aeg's gbb's ect that have been sent to ballistics for testing can and have been held up for several months and/or got lost in the system.
    not really worth the hassle tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Buckmark

UPS Courier 13,95euro

Are you sure about this ? UPS are normally a total rip off.

Buckmark wrote: »
    UPS Courier 13,95euro

Are you sure about this ? UPS are normally a total rip off.

Yes. I'm sure. Just waiting for delivery 2 rifles:D (not my first from this shop)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Buckmark

Yes. I'm sure. Just waiting for delivery 2 rifles:D (not my first from this shop)

Cool, let me know if they have any additional charges on arrival other than the normal ones, the charged me 14 euro extra on arrival for ' trans border fees '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

Sorry to restart an old thread, but did your guns get through with no extra charges or being stopped by customs? Thinking of importing from hong kong so just wanna know :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Sorry to restart an old thread, but did your guns get through with no extra charges or being stopped by customs? Thinking of importing from hong kong so just wanna know :P

You will get hit with VAT and an An Post charge. I think the An Post charge is €6, I could be wrong though - it's been a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Importing from within the EU,maybe, importing from outside the EU, I wouldn't bother. I thought I was saving €50 buying a Marui M1911 MEU from Redwolf but after taxes and courier fees, it ended up costing me €20 more than if I'd bought it in Ireland.

Another reason for buying in Ireland is that all the retailers that I've bought from (Airsofteire, Airsoftguns, SGairsoft and last but not least, Hobbyairsoft) all give first class customer service, good advice, not pushy and are down to earth sound people to deal with. If you have any issues, they are only too happy to help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

Thanks for clarifying that :) Looks like ill be buying irish then :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement