Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Presonus Studio One

• 14-10-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Anyone using this. Trying the demo and very impressive workflow. Not perfect, but what is !!! Great for all in the box with VIs and audio manipulation. Very easy to bounce VIs in various ways, cool drag and drop features, stable on my Mac system.

Would lack the audio multitrack editing of PT/Reaper. Definitely preferable to Logic for my workflow. Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Seen the demo. So many nice extras in it like free NI stuff and Melodyne.

Think it has a crossgrade option where you can own a DAW already and get Studio One cheaper than just buying it normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr. Grinder

It's absolutely great... I switched over to it recently. The S-1 V2.5 release is just around the corner too (it's a free update as well!). It wasn't quite there with S-1 V1 tbh, but that's all changed with V2. :)

Very good work flow as you've said, and the inbuilt effects are very good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

It's absolutely great... I switched over to it recently. The S-1 V2.5 release is just around the corner too (it's a free update as well!). It wasn't quite there with S-1 V1 tbh, but that's all changed with V2. :)

Very good work flow as you've said, and the inbuilt effects are very good too.

Just did a cross grade to professional, you can get great deals online for this.
    For solely in box stuff it smokes Logic IMHO. Melodyne implementation is brill.
    Internal fx good and most importantly stable and not a CPU hog, and 64 bit !!!!

As I said in OP it doesn't have the midi stuff that Logic has or the audio editing and mixing of Protools but lets be honest when do you actually need all of the gizmos under the hood of the older DAW's all the time. Ableton is a great example of this,it doesn't pretend to be a fully fledged DAW but does what it does in a totally unique and cool way. Live is a really creative writing and performing tool.

Logic and Protools especially have so much legacy bloat that the newer ones like Reaper and Studio One don't.

Definitely download the demo and give it a try.:D

Advertisement