Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city council house purchase loan

• 15-10-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi i was just wondering has anyone out there got a house purchase loan from dublin city coporation?
    Im a first time buyer and looking to buy a house pretty soon.
    over the last year ive been getting the same old story from the banks "your not ready come back in 6 months"
    im just tired of it now and really anxious to buy a house.
    im in full time permanent employment.
    The dublin city council house purchase loan seems like my only option but they need 2 letters from banks refusing me but over the last year ive just been told to save more and come back in 6 months how can i get a loan refusal if they just keep telling me to come back. can i just say look just put it through i want to be refused????
    hopefully someone out there can help me :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 nessabeaut

You can go to your local bank and just ask for a letter to be typed up should only take a day or two for them to post it out. You will be looking at a year for the council to process application. I applied in may and still no word and could be months before i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pebbles 12

thanks for the reply. i looked into a few banks and they were happy enough to write a letter on the basis i didnt have the deposit. but wen i rang the corporation back they informed me that there rules have changed and now need a 10% deposit. they sed last year it was only 3%. awh well.. suppose its another few months saving so.

pebbles 12 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply. i looked into a few banks and they were happy enough to write a letter on the basis i didnt have the deposit. but wen i rang the corporation back they informed me that there rules have changed and now need a 10% deposit. they sed last year it was only 3%. awh well.. suppose its another few months saving so.

That doesn't seem fair I applied in May and got the 3% deposit. Did they say when that changed because its under the 1995 tenant purchase scheme which ends dec 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pebbles 12

oh really??? i must look into that..
    i just believed them when they told me.. maybe there trying to phase it out cos its getting close to december.
    i didnt realise u had to wait ages tho.. just thought once ur giving approval u can go looking for houses?

Its getting approval though that is the long tiring process. Applied in May and still no closer to getting an answer to whether i am getting the loan or not saying i will be looking at Jan before i hear back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement