Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storing fried rice

Options
  • 15-10-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

I just got some yung chow fried rice from the Chinese with a view to eating it tomorrow. It's still warm, do I store it in the fridge overnight, or leave it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'd throw it away. Seriously. You're asking for a dose of food poisining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_cereus

There's some weird bacteria that grows specifically on rice.

You need to either throw leftover rice away after you cook it or, possibly (that means I'm not sure), if you cool it down very quickly - put it on a metal tray, dip the bottom of the tray into ice water until it's cool, then refrigerate - it would be fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Seeking or giving food safety advice is not permitted - if in doubt, throw it out.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement