Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A pie supper with Andy Reid

• 15-10-2012 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I'm a massive fan of Reid. But the jokes write themselves here me thinks :D

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/foundation-qa-with-andy-reid-393598.aspx
    The Forest Foundation would like to invite you to be part of an audience with August’s player of the month, Andy Reid.

Why not bring your family and friends to The City Ground and enjoy a pie supper followed by an evening of laughter with Andy.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Playing great this season and looking like he's in great shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Seaneh wrote: »
    Playing great this season and looking like he's in great shape.

Just had deja-vu, seem to remember hearing that before once or twice :)

looks pretty fit to me.

Had no problem leaving the right full for dust anyway.

That was last week btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

That was last week btw.

Jesus, that's a cracking finish. Wouldn't be a bad option for Ireland would he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Too creative for Trap tbh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Fair play ..he's slimmed down alot.......always admired him as a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

kryogen wrote: »
    Just had deja-vu, seem to remember hearing that before once or twice :)

It was true then, as it is now. Other forces were at work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Taken from twitter last week, players night out - he's devouring that cake with his eyes!

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34006&page=2&p=1596892#post1596892

He's been very good for Forest this year, great going forward on the wing. My only concern is he tends to drift into the middle, thus leaving our left back exposed.

Until James McCarthy appeared on the scene, he was the best passer of a ball that Ireland had since John Sheridan. Trap has treated him very badly, but what's new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I just like to point out that I sawe the cracking goal on Sky Sports News last week as well but I don't pretend to know how he's been getting on for Forrest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Paul Green is obviously a superior option than Andy Reid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Paul Green is obviously a superior option than Andy Reid.

Finally, some sense!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hopefully Trap will get the P45 this week,thats want is being reported and the likes of Andy Reid will come back and get us moving in the right direction again,still get another 2 years out of him at International level and he can bring his guitar,himself and Shane Long can write a song about Trap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

He can piss off tbh.
    It only took him until the age of 30 to slim down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

looks pretty fit to me.

That was last week btw.
    Grid. wrote: »
    Fair play ..he's slimmed down alot.......always admired him as a player.
    event wrote: »
    ...It only took him until the age of 30 to slim down.

He still looks fat as fúck to me in that video.

Pro. F wrote: »
    He still looks fat as fúck to me in that video.

He's 5'7 and broad, he's never going to look like Nathan Dyer ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

He's 5'7 and broad, he's never going to look like Nathan Dyer ffs.

There was a time when he was trying to win his way back into the Ireland team and he got plenty slim. He could definitely do it if he wanted to.

Pro. F wrote: »
    There was a time when he was trying to win his way back into the Ireland team and he got plenty slim. He could definitely do it if he wanted to.

He's as fit now as he's ever been.

He's playing 90 minutes week in, week out for Forest and is one of their better players.

Also, judging by his burst of speed to get away from the full back, he's not carrying any extra weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

He's as fit now as he's ever been.

He's playing 90 minutes week in, week out for Forest and is one of their better players.

Also, judging by his burst of speed to get away from the full back, he's not carrying any extra weight.

Ah cmon, in fairness he isn't all that fast in that video and the full back looks even slower.

Great finish, just think if he was up against a quicker player that would have never happened.

Not good enough, never really got the love for him tbh. It was the bandwagon at the time I guess.

I'd rather have younger lads in the team. Good luck to him though.

• Advertisement

curry-muff wrote: »

Ah cmon, in fairness he isn't all that fast in that video and the full back looks even slower.

Great finish, just think if he was up against a quicker player that would have never happened.

Judging a player on a YouTube clip is always a fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Trap was right about Reid.

Accept it and get off the bandwagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

No doubt he had quality, loads of it.

Commitment and motivation were lacking, got himself in super shape at Sunderland, may have been a stone over a Summer if I remember correctly. Was in fine form after that, watched him many a time from the stands.

Fell back into his old ways after that though for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

People still think Trapp was wrong about Reid? Funny stuff tbh.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    People still think Trapp was wrong about Reid? Funny stuff tbh.

I find it funnier that certain people still defend trap.
    :rolleyes:

I find it funnier that certain people still defend trap.
    :rolleyes:

Trapp was dead on about Andy Reid. At the time Reid was playing for Sunderland, yes? He never kicked on, had to drop a division, etc. Bad attitude, not needed, good riddance.

Trapp was dead on about Andy Reid. At the time Reid was playing for Sunderland, yes? He never kicked on, had to drop a division, etc. Bad attitude, not needed, good riddance.

No, Trap was not correct about Andy Reid.

1) Reid was playing out of his skin at the time and for about a year after his initial exclusion in Autumn 2008.

2) Just because Reid subsequently fell from grace doesn't mean jack sh1t. The manager didn't make some future prediction about Reid's career - he dropped him over what we believe to be a disciplinary issue. You play your best players when they are playing well - you don't exclude someone because you think they will disimprove in 12-18 months time.

3) If he was truly against the idea of Reid in the squad on footballing merits, then he wouldn't have been in the squad for the first two qualifiers against Georgia and Montenagro.

4) Finally, Reid is playing in the Championsship - not the Blue Square Premier League. Plenty of our players play for Championship teams and are still selected and indeed still perform for the national team. "he plays in the Championship now so Trap was right" isn't an argument for his non-selection on its own.

Reid hasn't demonstrated the discipline or desire to be the best player he could be, hence why he never really cut it in the Premiership. Trapp deduced that he wasn't worth the hassle, and Reid hasn't exactly proved him wrong by staying in tip top shape and pushing his career forward.

The Irish fan base's love of Andy Reid will always be comical to me.

Reid hasn't demonstrated the discipline or desire to be the best player he could be, hence why he never really cut it in the Premiership. Trapp deduced that he wasn't worth the hassle, and Reid hasn't exactly proved him wrong by staying in tip top shape and pushing his career forward.

The Irish fan base's love of Andy Reid will always be comical to me.

I think you are putting words in Trap's mouth there or maybe even thoughts in his head.

It was a disciplinary issue.

I admit that I thought Reid in the centre was one of the few bright points of Stan's reigns and I really thought a team would be built with him in it but this isn't to do with love or any obsession.

Trap's knowledge of the Irish player base has been questioned many times - I find it very hard to believe he made some Nostradamus-like prediction on Reid back in 2008.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    I think you are putting words in Trap's mouth there or maybe even thoughts in his head.

It was a disciplinary issue.

I admit that I thought Reid in the centre was one of the few bright points of Stan's reigns and I really thought a team would be built with him in it but this isn't to do with love or any obsession.

Trap's knowledge of the Irish player base has been questioned many times - I find it very hard to believe he made some Nostradamus-like prediction on Reid back in 2008.

Nothing has been lost by Reid not being around the squad, that's the bottom line really. Like a few other players, it doesn't seem like he wanted to be there anyway.

Nothing has been lost by Reid not being around the squad, that's the bottom line really. Like a few other players, it doesn't seem like he wanted to be there anyway.

I agree that nothing has been lost but only because Trap wouldn't have started him anyway.

Reid would have been at least a useful option in home games against minnows and might have helped with our ball retention a bit.

I don't want to start the footballing pros and cons argument again but I just don't agree that Trap got it right with him just because Reid now plays in the Championship.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

He looks to be in good shape, but you need to be seriously fit to get on to Traps team. It takes a lot of stamina and endurance to spend 90 minutes running away from the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I never got the hype about reid tbh. Irelands anwser to charlie adam :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

You are talking complete rubbish. He had a fantastic spell of form in the first half of 2009-2010 but was ruled out through injury for basically the entire second half of the season, and a portion of the start of the next. By the time he returned, Sunderland were playing well (having beaten Chelsea 3-0 away) and he was unable to force his way into a lineup ahead of Danny Welbeck and Jordan Henderson etc. (who at the time was playing excellent football) - What a crime!

So he drops down a division to get some games, did well at Sheffield United and unfortunately his time at Blackpool didn't work out - but he is now doing well at Forest.

Trap was a fool to exclude him as at the time he was playing fantastic football - I particularly recall the game against Man Utd at Old Trafford where he bossed the midfield in a 2-2 draw. Just because poor luck intervened, does not mean that Trap's ignorance is vindicated.

You are talking complete rubbish. He had a fantastic spell of form in the first half of 2009-2010 but was ruled out through injury for basically the entire second half of the season, and a portion of the start of the next. By the time he returned, Sunderland were playing well (having beaten Chelsea 3-0 away) and he was unable to force his way into a lineup ahead of Danny Welbeck and Jordan Henderson etc. (who at the time was playing excellent football) - What a crime!

So he drops down a division to get some games, did well at Sheffield United and unfortunately his time at Blackpool didn't work out - but he is now doing well at Forest.

Trap was a fool to exclude him as at the time he was playing fantastic football - I particularly recall the game against Man Utd at Old Trafford where he bossed the midfield in a 2-2 draw. Just because poor luck intervened, does not mean that Trap's ignorance is vindicated.
    Great post. You've covered pretty much all that I was going to say.

The injury was just before Christmas and came at a bad time for him, he was playing outstanding stuff for Sunderland at the time. I can remember a few cracking strikes from him around that time, the last minute one against West Ham at SOL was probably the best, great technique involved.

The amount of ignorance displayed by some posters in this thread is truly pitiful. Andy Reid is never going to win a slimmer of the year contest, but he is as fit as any other footballer out there. His physique has never prevented him from being a good footballer.

Football is played with the feet and head - not the stomach!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

grenache wrote: »
    Taken from twitter last week, players night out - he's devouring that cake with his eyes!

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34006&page=2&p=1596892#post1596892

He's been very good for Forest this year, great going forward on the wing. My only concern is he tends to drift into the middle, thus leaving our left back exposed.

Until James McCarthy appeared on the scene, he was the best passer of a ball that Ireland had since John Sheridan. Trap has treated him very badly, but what's new.

"Not one of them turned up in trousers, chavvy bastards." :D

Another gem from Reid today. The FAI could do worse than send that cranky dinosaur to a Forest game. If he was willing to admit he made a bad judgement on Wilson, maybe he can do likewise with Reid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Looks fighting fit, should be playing for Ireland.... oh i forgot we >(Trap) isnt interested in putting out our best players...silly me. :(

Seems in top form, always was great crosser, can score too....:confused: :mad:

After Norwich ....next trip to Nottingham pls

Advertisement