Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portugal v NI, Tuesday. So how many will Ronaldo get?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Paul4As wrote: »
    Result of the night. Slap it up the people on here who didn't give us a chance! Ronaldo who? GAWA!

Great result for NI, gives them something to build on, but result of the night belongs to the Swedes, 4-0 with 30 mins to go away to Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Great result for NI, gives them something to build on, but result of the night belongs to the Swedes, 4-0 with 30 mins to go away to Germany.

Did you take a punt on the -4 in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

barely hanging on at the end, Portugal should have won that 3 or 4-1

Shoulda coulda woulda ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

maximoose wrote: »
    Did you take a punt on the -4 in the end?

Nope. :o

Went with Belgium -1, Croatia -1, Germany -1. Think its was 7's.

Went to the bookies and put €5 on a 8 team accum but Spain let me down on that one, not great odds either way, think it was 12/13's.

Had so many bets in my head that when I went their I forgot about my Portugal one, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

It's hardly a small minority. Their largest fan forum put this up as their banner image before the French game a few years back.

mjquir.jpg

Football fans poke fun at rival neighbour shocker.

Anyway - great effort from Norn Iron. And the fact the result jars with one or two bigoted begrudgers on here is a nice bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

Football fans poke fun at rival neighbour shocker.

Anyway - great effort from Norn Iron. And the fact the result jars with one or two bigoted begrudgers on here is a nice bonus.
    you are not our rivals mate, where are you lot in the world rankings now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

you are not our rivals mate, where are you lot in the world rankings now?

Really?

So a vital qualifier between the two Irelands in Dublin wouldn't be, say, a little extra feisty then?

Granted, NI tend to see the Republic as more of a rival than vice-versa, but that's usually the case with smaller countries. The Scots do it with England all the time. Ditto Austria with Germany.

World rankings mean very little in reality. It's what you do on the pitch, such as last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Nice result. Pity it's ruined by that Luxembourg game. Would have actually been able to have an outside chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Great result for Nothern ireland. O'Neill will do a good job there. He will have them organised and hard to beat. They may not qualify, they are in a hard group, but they'll be no pushovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

They have to beat Azerbaijan now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So, will I start a new thread

"How many will Messi get v Celtic on Tuesday night?":D

Advertisement