Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Attitudes in Ireland

Options
  • 15-10-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Folks, can I ask your opinions on something. I've worked in retail for over 10 years and in that time have dealt with Irish suppliers, UK suppliers and suppliers based on the continent. It's been my belief that here business is done on a more personable level than it's perhaps done in the other places mentioned above. Rules, regulations, terms and conditions to some degree aren't as important as the relationship you form with account managers etc.

Would it be fair to say that here business is done more along the lines of how well you interact with someone on a personal level as opposed to rules and procedure. As in it's conducted in a more casual (though not necessarily less serious) manner than it is in the places mentioned above, the UK in particular.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I only deal with EU & UK suppliers mainly but find the UK suppliers to had incredibly pushy sales people and its obvious their job is 110% sales driven, and sometimes I turn down deals because of it.

Advertisement