Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Week 4 Reports

Options
  • 15-10-2012 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 27-3 Buccaneers

The Washington Redskins move on to 4-0 with a hard fought win over the Tampa Bay Bucs in Florida.

The game opened up with the Redskins driving down the field and making a field goal to make it 3-0 to the Skins. The Redskins were able to force a 3 and out on the Bucs first drive, getting the ball back for RGIII and his offence. The offence slowly moved down the field, converting third downs several times, until Griffin found a streaking Garçon for a 35 yard TD and made it 10-0.the Bucs replied with a field goal and then Griffin threw a pick just outside field goal range which ended the half at 10-3 to the Skins.

The Bucs opened up the second half with a good drive but eventually stalled around the 50 yard line. The Skins then got moving again, with Griffin eventually finding the end zone on his first run in 3 games to make it 17-3. Moving into the 4th quarter and Freeman knew a good drive was needed, however, the game was sealed by the Redskins in two plays. Firstly, on a third and long, a disguised blitz forced a fumble on Freeman, and then a play action pass found Davis in the end zone to make it 24-3 and effectively sealed the game.

RGIII Watch: 18/22 250 yards 2 TDs 1 INT 1 rush: 25 yards and a TD

Thanks a lot for the game gufc. Critical plays on third down by my D made it harder for you. Best of luck for tHe rest of your games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

SantryRed wrote: »

Thanks a lot for the game gufc. Critical plays on third down by my D made it harder for you. Best of luck for tHe rest of your games.

Horrible game on my part. Couldn't get anything going. Should never of played tbh was half asleep. That's 4 terrible games now. Bad need of a couple of linebackers and a dt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

gufc21 wrote: »
    Horrible game on my part. Couldn't get anything going. Should never of played tbh was half asleep. That's 4 terrible games now. Bad need of a couple of linebackers and a dt.

I have the buccs in another franchise. I find that the best way for you to play offensively is to utilise your two running backs as much as possible. Get the two of them coming out of the shotgun and throw to them. Both are pretty good at catching and when they catch it short and then are running straight for a CB, they can bowl them over.

Jackson is very good too, use him lots but if you throw a pick with Freeman then you may aswell not use him the rest of the game as he becomes disastrous.

As for D, the rush d is pretty good and your cbs aren't too bad. So what I try and do is make the opposition have to throw it to the WRs.

It is tough with the Buccs but I have won 2 games and lost 2 and I really could have easily been 4 and 0.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Texans, Titans receive

Titans move it past midfield but have to punt
    Texans have a long 2nd down but make it and then move easily up the field however they need to settle for 3.

Titans get into the red zone.. however throw a pick at the 5 yard line.
    Texans get it up to field and then to a wide open receiver for a TD

0-10 Texans with 1:49 in the half.

Titans take 2huge sacks and punt to close out the half.

Titans kick off.. The receiver fumbles! Titans run it in for a TD!

7-10 Texans

Texans get up the field for a TD

Titans get to midfield but have to punt and it goes out at the 3.
    However Texans throw an int, Titans get it back to the 41, Johnson gets in for a TD

14-17 Texans with 3:33 left

Titans get the Texans on a 3rd down, but they convert.. 2 min warning

Texans get a first down...but wait! Holding! 2nd and 20, they get 3rd and 11 Titans make a stop

1:01 left.. Titans at their own 20

However Titans cant do anything and go for it on 4th, they get it and then get down the field for a FG attempt!

17-17 OVERTIME!

Titans win the toss... However I have a brainfart as i had last year and give the Texans the ball! They score a TD :o

17-24

Andre Johnson is a beast, 144 yards and a TD

Good game nerd! See you for the replay!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The AFC South is getting really interesting lads! Think myself and Heli have a crunch game next week as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The AFC South is getting really interesting lads! Think myself and Heli have a crunch game next week as well.

Big time, contained Foster for the most part but Johnson was unstoppable to be honest, he caught everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Joey Little Bun

Great game heli thought u had it wen you won the toss best game iv played this year nip and tuck the whole way

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat Giants 37 - 35 in a very close game.

Eagles were winning 21 - 7 but the giants pulled it back to go 35 - 28 ahead.

Eagles get a pick 6 to tie the game.

Then in the last play of the game Vick throws a deep ball, it's intercepted but while the recieving player is takled in his own end zone and a safety is given.

Great game, looking forward to the rematch later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Then in the last play of the game Vick throws a deep ball, it's intercepted but while the recieving player is takled in his own end zone and a safety is given.

I assume the defender who intercepted ran out of the end zone and then back into it then before being tackled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

nope it was a user pick, i was tackled in the air into the end-zone, actually it looked like i was tackled over the pylon out of bounds. Obviously i wasn't able to challenge it which was a sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

My controller would've definitely been lobbed through the TV if that was me.

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    nope it was a user pick, i was tackled in the air into the end-zone, actually it looked like i was tackled over the pylon out of bounds. Obviously i wasn't able to challenge it which was a sickener.

Are the rules not that you must have feet on the ground outside the end zone (if you are pushed back in) for it to be a safety?
    It happen to me a few times in M12, tackled in the air then into end zone but never a safety

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ravens 31 14 Browns in a horrible interception fest. Ravens now clear at the top of the division with an unbeaten 4-0

Cheers for the game Mike, Weeden killed you out there. Thought I did well shutting down Richardson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Browns only know one way to win and that's run the ball

Ravens shut down Trent Richardson, forced Weeden to pass and pulled off 6 picks, horrible just horrible offense

Flacco had 4 picks including a 102 yd pick 6 so it wasn't one sided

Didn't realy look at the stats but I know Ray Lewis was a beast in the middle of the field, he was my MVP of the game I reckon
    I don't know who clocked up the sacks

Well played pudsy , I was well beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bears come into Dallas and manhandle the Cowboys. 27-7, Bears could have scored more not sure.
    I am just not able to pass well in this game. Another 4 picks for Romo surely gives him the league lead

Well played Paddy, deserved victory. Forte was tough to stop and that defense is impressive. Spread the ball nicely with Cutler.

Am trying to practice the passing game, but am just terrible at reading it. If it doesn't improve for me in some shape or form, will be hard pressed to keep playing at this low level of enjoyment.
    At least I can't throw any INTs on a bye week.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

empacher wrote: »

Maybe the fact your player never came down in bounds is the reason the safety was given? The Seahawks gave up a safety the other week by running their punter out the back of the endzone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just got beat by the Packers. Absolutely disgusted really. Score was 26-14 but he returned an int in garbage time when I was forcing a pass.

For me the the main plays of the game were two fumbles. 1 by brees inside my own 20 and the other was after Sproles had broken off a 20 yard run. And the other big play was when I forced a fumble and somehow between two of my guys that bent down to pick it up they didn't get it and an offensive lineman slid in and got it.

I really feel as if I lost a big game here. Aaron Rodgers was unbelievable though, had 4 rushes for 45 yards, all when he had just missed being sacked. One in particular where my player grabbed him, he slipped got away slipped again and then went for 22 yards.

EDIT - Really have to stop playing Madden before bed, just want to stay up and rant. Stupid game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Raoul wrote: »
    Just got beat by the Packers. Absolutely disgusted really. Score was 26-14 but he returned an int in garbage time when I was forcing a pass.

For me the the main plays of the game were two fumbles. 1 by brees inside my own 20 and the other was after Sproles had broken off a 20 yard run. And the other big play was when I forced a fumble and somehow between two of my guys that bent down to pick it up they didn't get it and an offensive lineman slid in and got it.

I really feel as if I lost a big game here. Aaron Rodgers was unbelievable though, had 4 rushes for 45 yards, all when he had just missed being sacked. One in particular where my player grabbed him, he slipped got away slipped again and then went for 22 yards.

EDIT - Really have to stop playing Madden before bed, just want to stay up and rant. Stupid game!!!
    That was garbage time security blanket against any crazy stuff! If there was a wider gap I'd of kneeled or ran out of bounds but I felt it was locking up the win so went for it.

Yeah those oh sh!t better leg yards from Rodgers were a big factor. 3 first downs from them I think?

You looked to be marching up the field when that late Sproles fumble allowed me to force you to need the TD by getting another field goal.

2 silly INTs on Corner routes by me. Misread the coverage on both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Jets beat the 49ers in the meadowlands 45-14. The second quarter decided this, with 2 pick 6s and a interception in the 49ers 10 yard line. The second half saw the jets D score another touchdown and 10 points for the offense.

Hard luck Ali g, my D was able to shut down Veron davis. Also all the picks ended up giving me great field position. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Really enjoying how im playing on D with the Jets. There so so solid. Offense on the other hand was a mixed bag, I was able to run alright but not great. I have to realize Sanchez is not Aaron Rodgers. With 20 seconds on the clock I threw a pick 6 to paddy willis who i was actually running at and i decided to try and throw through him to my receiver .

Calvin pace showed a master class at OLB tonight , 1 sack, 1 forced fumble ,1 interception returned for a touchdown.

After four games Darrelle Revis has 6 Interceptions, he is freakishly good. The Jets D has scored 6 touchdowns in four games as well. That's a third of my total touchdowns.

Thats 4 wins from 4. Roll on the Texans next week ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

The Jets beat the 49ers in the meadowlands 45-14. The second quarter decided this, with 2 pick 6s and a interception in the 49ers 10 yard line. The second half saw the jets D score another touchdown and 10 points for the offense.

Hard luck Ali g, my D was able to shut down Veron davis. Also all the picks ended up giving me great field position. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Really enjoying how im playing on D with the Jets. There so so solid. Offense on the other hand was a mixed bag, I was able to run alright but not great. I have to realize Sanchez is not Aaron Rodgers. With 20 seconds on the clock I threw a pick 6 to paddy willis who i was actually running at and i decided to try and throw through him to my receiver .

Calvin pace showed a master class at OLB tonight , 1 sack, 1 forced fumble ,1 interception returned for a touchdown.

After four games Darrelle Revis has 6 Interceptions, he is freakishly good. The Jets D has scored 6 touchdowns in four games as well. That's a third of my total touchdowns.

Thats 4 wins from 4. Roll on the Texans next week ..

Wiped from memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

jaysus the number of inteceptions in this league....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

HowAreWe wrote: »

Its harder to run in this game, so people have to rely on passing more, also Revis is just a dick!

If anyone can grab the stats would be interesting to see the ints by team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

NO, NO it wouldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

I do not want to see that. Probably as bad as the real Michael Vick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

HowAreWe wrote: »

Only 2 in 4 weeks for RGIII :D

I cant seem to find ints specifically..

I cant seem to find ints specifically..

Go to team stats, then press rt and go to turnovers. It's in there, was looking last night.

I'm using the website..

I'm using the website..

Oh, yeah it's fcuking useless

• Advertisement

I had 1 interception for the first 3 weeks and the second highest passer eating in the league. After this week, I have 4ore interceptions and I'm sure flaccos rating took a hit too.

On another note, seeing as we're almost a quarter of the way through the season, I'm going to do a little report on how things stand in each division at this point. I'll post it up over the next few days.

Advertisement