Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Week 4 Reports

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Nelbert wrote: »
    That was garbage time security blanket against any crazy stuff! If there was a wider gap I'd of kneeled or ran out of bounds but I felt it was locking up the win so went for it.

Yeah those oh sh!t better leg yards from Rodgers were a big factor. 3 first downs from them I think?

You looked to be marching up the field when that late Sproles fumble allowed me to force you to need the TD by getting another field goal.

2 silly INTs on Corner routes by me. Misread the coverage on both!

Yeah three first downs from ARod. Was absolutely disgusted by the 22 yard one because I had you covered everywhere, I think Bunkley had a hold of Rodgers, and Rodgers managed to get away and then break off the big run.

Edit - I really don't think rushing is that much more difficult in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Rushing is way way way tougher. The fumbles, the falling over linemen, you have to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I've actually found rushing easier this year. In that, in previous years, I was absolutely rubbish at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

SantryRed wrote: »
    Only 2 in 4 weeks for RGIII :D

Yeah.....bar you every other QB is having a "bad year" shall we say.

I have to agree with Heli. Having Adrian peterson may help I guess but that's all I can do so far, Run it.

I have 8 TD's on the ground and 0 in the air...that's right 0......only 3 games in for me so far but that's pretty bad :pac: I have a QB dilemma in Minnesota
    Ponder Vs Young Vs Grossman, whoever gets the first TD gets the job :pac:

they're all $hit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I had 1 interception for the first 3 weeks and the second highest passer eating in the league. After this week, I have 4ore interceptions and I'm sure flaccos rating took a hit too.

On another note, seeing as we're almost a quarter of the way through the season, I'm going to do a little report on how things stand in each division at this point. I'll post it up over the next few days.

A little report I said, I have only done 2 divisions and it's taken me an hour! Prepare for an essay lads.

Obviously I don't want to post until all the teams have played their week 4 games, but in some divisions all the teams are finished for this week. Will I post the report for those divisions now, or hang on and do them all together?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I say post up the divisions you've done :)
    I'd say the general stats of the league looking interesting too

Well my laptop just died :( I have the afc north and south written up, and,I'll release them when the jags and Bengals play. I am very close to finishing the afc south, so I should be able to post that in a few hours time as they've all played. Just need to find a PC!

Actually, it appears my file may be corrupted in some way. Hopeful I can rescue it or I'll be going at it again.

Ok, I've rescued what I had done. As far as I can see, the only two divisions in which all game have been completed are the two eastern ones. I will post up my AFC east report very soon, and hopefully have an NFC east one ready later on. This is what happens when you've a 6 hour break in college :pac:

Ok, I've rescued what I had done. As far as I can see, the only two divisions in which all game have been completed are the two eastern ones. I will post up my AFC east report very soon, and hopefully have an NFC east one ready later on. This is what happens when you've a 6 hour break in college :pac:

Please don't do the NFC south. :o

Raoul wrote: »
    Please don't do the NFC south. :o

You're safe, until Matthew and Luke play at least ;) Sure you're not going too badly!

• Advertisement

You're safe, until Matthew and Luke play at least ;) Sure you're not going too badly!

Thrown a hell of a lot of picks and a few fumbles too. Disgraceful stuff really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Like me Raoul you're lulling the rest of the division into a false sense of security.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Raoul wrote: »

Yeah three first downs from ARod. Was absolutely disgusted by the 22 yard one because I had you covered everywhere, I think Bunkley had a hold of Rodgers, and Rodgers managed to get away and then break off the big run.

Edit - I really don't think rushing is that much more difficult in this game
    Rushing to the outside is about the same. Rushing inside is a bit more troublesome than before as you can't just run through the back of your own o-line without tripping. If there is a hole to run through its the same though!

Falcons beat Panthers 27-21. Matt Ryan and Cam Newton did their best to throw around 10 picks each but the defenses wouldn't comply. Falcons won on the first possession of overtime, which sucks. A couple shocking drops by receivers too, and the QBs can't be happy with their offensive lines, as the Panthers collected 6 sacks and the Falcons 5.

Unfortunately Newton's one pick came on a potential go ahead drive with the score tied just after the 2 minute warning. What was I thinking throwing to a receiver not named Steve Smith, especially as he was actually covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

matthew8 wrote: »
    Falcons beat Panthers 27-21. Matt Ryan and Cam Newton did their best to throw around 10 picks each but the defenses wouldn't comply. Falcons won on the first possession of overtime, which sucks. A couple shocking drops by receivers too, and the QBs can't be happy with their offensive lines, as the Panthers collected 6 sacks and the Falcons 5.

Unfortunately Newton's one pick came on a potential go ahead drive with the score tied just after the 2 minute warning. What was I thinking throwing to a receiver not named Steve Smith, especially as he was actually covered.

Yeah especially at the start I had an awful pass from Ryan to a wide open Gonzalez and then two receivers streaking down the field who just completely refused to catch the ball. Steve Smith was a beast though, stupidly fast haha.

Good game, look forward to the replay

Funny how a lot of your guys flat out dropped a ton of balls yet came up with excellent catches elsewhere. Lots of comical plays, not least the one where there were 2 Falcons and 3 Panthers in a great position to make a play on the ball, but they leave it to a safety who must've leapt 10 yards across the field to punch it away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Broncos 23 10 Raiders CPU
    Had to play the game tonight as I mightn't be around tomorrow evening and if so not at all thursday.
    But hey it might be my only win of the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well... Myself and Neko Chan just played out what has to be the most bizzare game in Madden history.

Where do I start?

OK, I kick off, Neko thows a pick on the 2nd play, I can do nothing in the red zone and settle for a FG.

3-0 Jags.

Neko goes on a great drive but I make the Bengals settle for a FG, which I was 100% sure was made, but for some reason the lads never put their arms up? Turnover on downs. Neko again nullifies me and I am forced to punt, no fair catch and I recover the fumble, I convert in the red-zone and get a passing TD to Mike Thomas.

10-0 Jags.

From here on, I played the worst Madden of my brief M13 career, I can do absolutely nothing against Neko's defence, awesome D and MJD was helpless. Dalton threw a ridiculous amount of picks, 5 in total I think, but as I was useless, Neko still had time to drive up the field and throw a TD to the TE to take us into half time.

10-7 Jags at HT.

Tebow and Dalton have a chat at HT and decide to have a contest to see who can get the lowest QB rating. There is no score in the 3rd, honestly I was happy with my D and Neko had me on lockdown so I'm sure the Bengals were too.

4th quater begins and I start to get a bit of a run game going, I'm making a few first downs, but Neko grabs a pick from a horrible Tebow pass and takes it to the red zone, but I hold out and force a FG which the officials now count.

10-10

Tebow and Dalton exchange picks, but MJD gets a bit of momentum and we run it in to re-gain the lead in the 4th.

17-10 Jags.

Neko has a 2min drive to tie the game, and throws everything in the direction of the TE and to my total astonishment, my D can't deal with it, Neko gets the TD...

But then goes for 2. Is this allowed? Sorry I don't know for sure, but last year in the fantasy franchise I was in a similar situation and was told I couldn't as "no NFL team would go for 2 when trailing by 1", so I was unsure if this was legal, Neko did MSG me before hand to tell me, I played and thought I would ask questions later.

2pt conversion is good.

17-18 Bengals.

So I am left with 40 seconds to get my ass down the field and score a FG.

Tebow with a short gain to my TE Lewis.
    Tebow with a nice gain to Blackmon to the 43 yard line just outside FG range, I take a timeout here, and I didn't realise it was my last timeout, leaving me no time to get a FG taken, I am an idiot and I HAVE to score a TD or lose.

Tebow completes to MJD, up to the ~25 yard line and a simple FG that I cannot take would win me the game.

9 seconds left, last play of the game.... TEBOW COMPLETES TO MJD ON THE 3 YARD LINE! And MJD barges JUST over the line! TD!

Jaguars 24-18 Bengals.

It was a pretty horrible game, but Jesus it was an exciting one! Timmy Tebow had clearly been saying his prayers. The Jags move to 4-0.

Cheers for the game Neko Chan and unlucky. You gifted me 10 point at the start and I honestly thought you deserved the win, holding MJD to 57 yards? That's unreal in fairness. I wouldn't have kicked up a fuss about that 2pt conversion if it had won the game, I just mentioned it as I'm not sure if thats allowed for future reference.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Jaguars continue their unbeaten steak against ever unlucky Bengals!

Was a great game!

Bengals received ball on kick off only to throw INT on 2nd play leaving Jags in good field position.
    Bengals defense wouldnt let them move down field and held them to a FG

0 - 3 Jags

Bengals tried again, and made some inroads but fluffed 47 FG attempt.

The Bengals defense did their job to hold Jags to 3Nout - only for special teams/madden to mess up and fumble the punt return.
    Jags got ball back & Bengals coach cursed a little.

Jags offense make short work of this oen and score a TD

0 - 10 Jags

Bengals unlucky streak continued as Dalton threw an INT on Jags 22(ish)yd line

Jags couldnt do a lot with it and had to put it away.

Bengals make way up field and Dalton repeats error and throw INT on 24yd line!
    (Lots more cursing here!)

Jags held to a 3Nout

Bengals move the ball and FINALLY score a TD with 0.30 secs left in half
    (also took Tate out for 6 weeks on the day he returned from a 4 week injury break! opps)

7 -10 Jags

2nd Half

Jags get ball to start - but go 3Nout

Then comes a semi-hilarious exchange of INTs... first Dalton, then Tebow, Dalton again and finally Tebow
    I think we manged maybe 3 plays between us that didnt result in an inception!

Bengals get ball and decide to run it a while - resulting a lovely FG to even things up

10 - 10

Jags arent impressed and they claim a TD to draw ahead at 2:30 to go

10 - 17 Jags

Bengals come straight back at them with TD of their own with 30sec on clock
    Also make a nice 2pt conversion here

18 - 17 Bengals

Thought was all over - but Jags on a mission now and storm downfield

Tebow throws a lovely ball with 0.02 second on clock- looks short but WR falls (barely!) over line and its declared a TD!

Jags Win 18 - 24

Early mistakes killed it for Bengals - but they played much better than previous games so far this season - hooking up both pass and run plays for once!

Jags are on a roll now - Tebow has been saying his prayers!

Passing
    Dalton - 268 yrds
    Tebow - 148yrds

Rushing
    JAX Jones-Drew - 57yrds for 18 attmps & 1 TD
    CIN Scott - 86yrd for 16 attmps
    CIN Stephens-Howling 33yrd for 11attmps

Receiving Star
    CIN Gresham (TE) with 11 rec for 186 yrds & 1 TD

Defensive Stars
    JAX Ross (CB) with 3 INT and 5 Tackles
    JAX safeties Landry & Lowery racked up some serious amount of tackles as well!

Overall was a great game to play! Thanks Mikey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions 23 Vikings 10

Good game here, Detroit got the win badly needed heading onto the bye week.

Megatron got in the endzone early to give the Lions a 7 point lead. The Vikings responded by running it well with AP (endedup up 131 yards rushing).

The Vikings responded with a Peterson TD and the teams then traded field goals before the Lions added another TD on the ground. The score at HT was 17-7.

Both teams could only manage a FG in the 2nd half.

Good game mate, stick with Ponder I reckon, surely better than rex. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

adrian522 wrote: »
    Lions 23 Vikings 10

actually 20-10 there..... :cool:

makes no difference :pac:

HowAreWe wrote: »
    actually 20-10 there..... :cool:

makes no difference :pac:

You sure? I stand corrected if so,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Played Berty last night but only getting time to write this up now. Going off what I can remember so only a short report:

Chargers 35-28 Chiefs

Fantastic game as the Chargers took an early 7-0 lead before Rivers went into INT mode and Jamaal Charles went into beast mode rushing for three TD's as the Chiefs went in 21-7 up at the half.

A different Chargers team emerged in the second half and the game winning score came as an exact replica of the strange Super Bowl play from last season where the Giants were in the red zone but didn't know whether to run the clock and kick a field goal or just go for the TD. Eventually Matthews went into the end zone (as the Chiefs backed right off to get the ball with time remaining) and Rivers hit Meachem on a 2 point conversion to make it a 7 point game with a little over a minute left on the clock. The Chiefs go no huddle and make a couple of nice gains before Cassel is picked by Brandon Taylor to end the game.

Absolutely delighted with that win. I had always been meaning to try to be less conservative with audibles etc but never really did, however, when I went 21-7 down I said to myself I'd chance it and see what happened. It worked out well and I'd be a lot more confident that I know how to use it properly in the future.

I have to genuinely say hard luck to Berty as nothing went for him. The Chiefs fumbled 2 or 3 times at key times and only for that would more than likely have won. I couldn't stop Jamaal Charles at all and the receivers dropped a couple of balls that would have been big gains at important times too.

The AFC West is set up brilliantly now. Myself, Berty and the Raiders are all 2-2 and Perrin is improving every week with his Broncos who are only a win behind at 1-3.

Looking forward to the rematch Berty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep it was a cracking game Paully. Just as well you could not hear me as I was cursing out my team a lot. The receivers drops can be so frustrating but my defense was just not up to it throughout the game. The Chiefs defenders are nowhere near the standard of the Jets and normally good defensive calls were being burned. That being said it was a great comeback by the Chargers and full credit to you for some great passing.

The Chiefs are a young roster and I think success this season will be just making the post season. With their cap space and youth I'm hoping that by season 3 they will be a force. Hope the rematch is as good and I will be hoping for a better outcome for the Chiefs !

Advertisement