Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet insurance?

• 15-10-2012 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked a lot but could someone reccommend where is best to get pet insurance.

I have a 2 year old shih tzu and a 7 month bichon. Woukd like to get both covered but have zero experience of pet insurance. Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've had both my cats insured with Allianz for a few years and I'm very happy with them. I find them very easy to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

My two are with Allianz and have found them very good - my vet says they're by far the best as well. She said the others she's dealt with can be difficult to get to pay out claims. And we have a basset with chronic otitis so have racked up thousands in vet bills, the vast majority of which have been covered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I use petinsure.ie. I've had some big claims and no problems with them paying out. They pay the vet directly. Unlike Allianz they don't keep putting up the premium if you have a claim.

I'm very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭big_drive

thanks for advice guys.

I'm actually shocked in some ways at how much it all costs, guess its the fact its two dogs not just the one. Most quotes im getting are more than my wife pays for her car insurance!! :)

What would anyone suggest as the best basic package?

I just want to try cover the possibility of vets fees. I'm not worried about the extras that some companies off like having to cancel holiday, payment on death of pet, etc. Just want something that wont leave use with huge bills

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

Knine wrote: »
    I use petinsure.ie. I've had some big claims and no problems with them paying out. They pay the vet directly. Unlike Allianz they don't keep putting up the premium if you have a claim.

I'm very happy with them.

+1 for petinsure.ie I have pure breed non reg Yorkshire Terrier & its about €150per annum (think it makes a difference for registered dogs).

Like above shes had big payouts each year, paid directly to vet without a problem/delay but because last years claim was a week before renewal this year they gave me "no claim bonus" :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I can't remember off the top of my head how much we pay. We did have to claim on it a few times. I used to pay it in one go each year but now we pay it by monthly direct debit. I think its about 23 euro a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

<snip>
    As you are aware, there is a sticky asking people not to post in relation to Pet Insure. I think the request in said sticky makes it crystal clear that you are not to discuss this company. So please, don't.
    Thread closed.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement