Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 Month Old - Sleep issues

Options
  • 15-10-2012 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Would appreciate any advice on this one. Have a twenty month old who - until the last few days - goes asleep in her cot every night with no issue. Night time is around 8.00 and she has her last bottle by her cot. When she has enough of her bottle she practically climbs into her cot on her own, says night night and is off to sleep.

For the last week or so this has totally changed. She screams when she is put in her cot, doesn't want to be left alone in the room, wakes up very unsettled during the night etc. She seems to be teething at the moment and is suffering from a bit of a cold and cough so am hoping they are all connected and she will settle back into her routine soon.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We're going through pretty much the same thing at the moment and he's the same age. He practically begs to go to bed, sleeps great until 2am and that's it for the night. I was up at 2am, 4am, 5am this morning and had to get up at 6am for work.

It happened on a couple of nights last week.

In between those nights we'd given him a spoon of calpol going to bed and he slept right through. It makes me think it's teething related as he's in good form etc but if he's got niggling pain from teething then he can't get back to sleep. I didn't give calpol last night as I really don't like giving it regularly. However he'll be getting a spoon tonight for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We have the exact same thing with our 19 month old this last week... she has all 20 teeth, so it's not the them for us anyway.

It is like herding a cat. We tried switching to a bed, no better there. Here's hoping it's a phase of some kind that will pass in another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭deeks

We had a very similar situation recently. Cough hadn't eased up so went to the doctor yesterday. Turns out our daughter has bronchitis and is now on an antibiotic :mad:

On the upside she slept from 8.20 last night to 7.00 this morning and seems a good bit brighter in herself today.

Advertisement