Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd Presidential Debate - Hempstead, New York

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Romney: With Obama, you know what you're gonna get

Exactly, unlike you, Mitt!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dropkickrugby

MadsL wrote: »
    What does "tough on China" mean. Anyone?

Rubber Gloves, fairy liquid, and wire brushes.

Faster deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Wing attack plan R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Romney is just not believable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Immigration.

This should be hysterical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Good job by the moderator tonight. Especially after the shocking performance of the moderator in the first debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭The Bishop!

immigration: Romney: I was born in Mexico. Good man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Aykina

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Romney is just not believable...

Nope. He's zigging and zagging and looking shifty and smarmy as all get go...
    and now he's jumping all over the place on the immigration issue!

i learned long ago in some educational institution i attended, that gesticulating alot makes you look weak and unsure. Romney has lost tonight on so many things. And thank f*ck for that; environmentally, in a foreign policy sense, and in a corporate oversight sense had ROmney got in the world would have been closer to the edge than it already is. Like it or lump it the US still leads and that scumbag would be the tipping point. I honestly believe that - he's a corporate shill, and corporations are simply bad by their very nature.

• Advertisement

Romney was delighted with himself he pronounced the latino lady's name...lol but he didn't, her name is Loraine not the weird spanglish name you called her.

I agree with Romney on immigration tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Obama should have stopped when time was out on the immigration question.

Hazys wrote: »
    Romney was delighted with himself he pronounced the latino lady's name...lol but he didn't, her name is Loraine not the weird spanglish name you called her.
    got a great giggle out of that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Hazys wrote: »

hola larenna!

Lets NOT talk about self-deportation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

"Lets not go back because i'm the moderator, BITCH"

My pension is not as large as yours.
    *zing*

Good man Obama haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

I'm trying to see what you all see in Obama's performance and I just don't see it. I think to undecideds Romney is offering differences, Obama just more of the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Shoehorning the Chinese investments thing into an immigration question looked disrespectful to the questioner. Immigration? Meh.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Lovely from Obama; 'My pension isn't as big as yours!'

Amerika wrote: »
    I'm trying to see what you all see in Obama's performance and I just don't see it. I think to undecideds Romney is offering differences, Obama just more of the same.

What do you see in Romney that would make you vote for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Actually I think Obama has been quite specific on his policies and what part of his record he stands over.

• Advertisement

Its hard to describe but basically Obama seems believable and Romney doesnt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Obama is Losing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Aykina

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Its hard to describe but basically Obama seems believable and Romney doesnt.

He has at least a teeny bit of personal dignity.
    (Plus he's democrat, so you know, by default....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Don't see a lot in either but the bias and entrenched positions here are absolutely hilarious.

Neither are answering questions. Obama just there on Libya - directly shunted the question. Romney at it all evening. Obama too.

Obama started stronger but Romney has improved in my opinion.

Lets use the death of a diplomat to score political points. Shameful.

Obama's middle east policy????

WTF?

• Advertisement

my friend wrote: »
    Obama is Losing

Genuinely interested as to how you draw that conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nagilum2

He seems more in control of his facts and more convincing, although he still has a bad tendency to not know when to be quiet. The utter disdain that both candidates have for each other is, honestly, hard to watch.

And I also have to say that while Romney hasn't been as obnoxious as Biden was in the VP debate, I do think he's hurt himself with some over the top things. The "you'll get your chance in a moment" point where nearly looked like they were going to descend into a streetfight was not a good moment for Romney at all.

Romney is a liar, and owned by energy corporations and wall street. Its that simple.

REgarding the differences he offers, yes- loads, it's just that when he tries to explain the differences he cant'

Obama is offering mroe of the same yes, but no-one can expect him to have turned the bush mess around in 4 years. He makes more sense, hes not a squirming little rich guy. He's better. Not an angel, but better.

How you can think Romney is winning here would baffle a fair few people.

Disgusting attack by Romney there.

Romney scaremongering: Obama has been putting distance between U.S an Israel! and what about Iran!!

Don't see a lot in either but the bias and entrenched positions here are absolutely hilarious.

Neither are answering questions. Obama just there on Libya - directly shunted the question. Romney at it all evening. Obama too.

Obama started stronger but Romney has improved in my opinion.

Dunno about entrenched positions, I am not a big fan of either of the candidates, but I can not see anything in Romney that would sway me toward him, nothing whatsoever.

Romney just owned himself there..

lol Romney makes a tool of himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Now Romney, you were put in your place you lying SOB.

BURN!!! Romney fcuked up majorly!! especially after the dick move before

• Advertisement

Romney's even managing to lose the Benghazi question.

kryogen wrote: »
    lol Romney makes a tool of himself

not a difficult thing to do.

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

Close Transcript

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Romney's even managing to lose the Benghazi question.

Quite impressive actually

Obama: gun control, assault weapons ban.

Romney says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

kryogen wrote: »
    Dunno about entrenched positions, I am not a big fan of either of the candidates, but I can not see anything in Romney that would sway me toward him, nothing whatsoever.

Agreed on that. I don't see enough in him for a change. But the swooning to the Rock star President gets a bit nauseating. I hope he wins again and think things are more likely to improve under him. Getting stronger again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

I don't like Obama any more, he promised massive change and didn't, and won't, deliver. Biggest let down ever

Full auto is not illegal.

Just restricted.

Obama's facebook just posted this:

"Team Obama had a big win tonight—and it's because the President has the right plan to move us forward"

Although i agree, let it at lease finish first please

• Advertisement

Getting married will reduce gun violence? Riiiight.

Advertisement