Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd Presidential Debate - Hempstead, New York

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Marriage will stop automatic weapons.

Good man Mitt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

GRMA wrote: »
    I don't like Obama any more, he promised massive change and didn't, and won't, deliver. Biggest let down ever

Did you actually expect a guy to come into office 4 years ago and change the world with the click of his fingers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I don't like Obama any more, he promised massive change and didn't, and won't, deliver. Biggest let down ever

Romney will be an even bigger let down!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭dropkickrugby

how can you expect massive change in the real legislative world that Bush and Cheney created in a few years?? This is the real world, when the ecomony is shagged, it takes time. Im hoping he gets back in and in the four years he doesnt have to worry about reelection he'll really take the thrash out and make the world a better place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

kryogen wrote: »
    Did you actually expect a guy to come into office 4 years ago and change the world with the click of his fingers?
    I expect him to actually deliver the massive change he promised. He didnt even close guantanamo bay. America is even more imperialist now, with indiscriminate bombings, drones and what not. Foreign policy is almost indistinguishable from Bush's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Obama should stick to his non-partisan stance on gun control.

He actually repealed handgun restrictions in National Parks brought in by Reagan.

I expect him to actually deliver the massive change he promised. He didnt even close guantanamo bay. America is even more imperialist now, with indiscriminate bombings, drones and what not. Foreign policy is almost indistinguishable from Bush's

Even if I accept what you just wrote as fact for argument sake, do you really think Romney will be an improvement in any of those departments?

Watch Romney get creamed on outsourcing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Marriage will stop automatic weapons.

Good man Mitt.

Marriage will create jobs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

And how many jobs did Romney outsource to China?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭The Bishop!

Oh hello!:)

Romney on outsourcing.

Crack down on China is currency manipulation.

"we're under attack from our own government regulation"

even though i hope obama gets in, i completely agree with that. I jsut think ROmney would be far far far far far far far worse. Far worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

jeez, Romney has a chubby for China tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Romney's getting tough on China by giving them all the American jobs. Take that China. And that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Seems like a lot of excuses from Obama. Romney seems genuinely hopeful for a better future.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickallen/2012/07/12/how-mitt-romney-invested-millions-in-outsourcing/

How Mitt Romney Invested Millions in Outsourcing

Currency manipulator whooo! Scary label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

nagilum2 wrote: »
    He seems more in control of his facts and more convincing, although he still has a bad tendency to not know when to be quiet. The utter disdain that both candidates have for each other is, honestly, hard to watch.

I totally agree. It is very uncomfortable.

Even if I accept what you just wrote as fact for argument sake, do you really think Romney will be an improvement in any of those departments?
    Where did I say I felt he would be better? Or hat I support him? He'd probably be much the same tbh

I don't support either candidate because it'l;l be more of the same regardless of who gets in

You stop outsourcing by making American labour cheaper than Chinese labour. Can't see either candidate fessing up to that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Romneys first day in office, China you are a currency manipulator! Then business as usual.

• Advertisement

Or Ireland.

wtf happened with tv3

Romney: Dear China, please stop taking our jobs, except for the companies I own and all my corporate buddies, me love you long time!

Amerika wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of excuses from Obama. Romney seems genuinely hopeful for a better future.

a better future for ALL of god's oil corporations, and further warming of the planet.

Mmmmm, toasty.

War with China!!!
    Yay.

Where did I say I felt he would be better? Or hat I support him? He'd probably be much the same tbh

I don't support either candidate because it'l;l be more of the same regardless of who gets in

Just the implication in your statement that you don't like Obama

Originally Posted by GRMA

I took it to mean you wanted Romney to get in, genuinely, Romney would be much much much worse then Obama in my eyes and sometimes it is better the devil you know.

With "a level playing field" Apple will still make iPhones in China. It's cheaper. They pay their workers less than a dollar an hour.

wtf happened with tv3

Sky news is your friend :)

Just the implication in your statement that you don't like Obama

Originally Posted by GRMA

I took it to mean you wanted Romney to get in, genuinely, Romney would be much much much worse then Obama in my eyes and sometimes it is better the devil you know.
    I see how you thought that, it was just a big Obama supporter last time out and bought into what he was saying

• Advertisement

Obama twists the knife in on need for more research/dev to create jobs

Romney retort....govt does not create jobs!

I believe in magic underwear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The Obama campaign labelled you as a guy who doesn't care about 100% of americans...i think you'll find that was you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

MadsL wrote: »
    I believe in magic underwear.

Hahahaha. Belter.

Wheeeeeeeeyyyyyyy nice pun by Romney :D

Able to get his Olympic friends on track!!

Dogwhistle - Obama is a muslim

• Advertisement

The episode of South Park kinda covered my thoughts on what happened when Obama got into power, people getting swept up in the personality cult he had going on, the excellent running slogan etc, and people genuinely expecting massive change because of the man!

One of the kids dads having a melt down when he realised, the next day, that hey, the world is still the same, nothing really changed. How he was like a kid who just got told there was no such thing as Santa Claus despite the ridiculousness of the whole thing!

Sky news is your friend :)
    aka fox news in europe ( with adam boulton trying his best to keep things even handed, and failing)? nah, stay away from the Kay Burley opinion channel 2012.

BBC news is your only man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Looks like someone in TV3 dozed off in the control room and hit their head off the bullshít programme switch.

BBC 2 for me.

Hope TV3 aren't gonna brag about their 'Exclusive' coverage tomorrow.

47%. Yus.

aka fox news in europe ( with adam boulton trying his best to keep things even handed, and failing)? nah, stay away from the Kay Burley opinion channel 2012.

BBC news is your only man.

Kay is comedy gold tbf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Aykina

Romney can't seem to get off the "them vs us" and "we're all America's children" themes; and they're old. To me it makes him sound like an old man, with old ideas, for an old, 20th century world. America needs to move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Romney: "I believe in god" "I was a minister".

Wasn't he hiding in Paris, avoiding the daft as a missionary. Is he still a bishop?

Ooooh. Obama dropped the 47% BOMB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Obama destroyed him, and it was absolutely glorious.

Dress colour match from the wimmins.

Fox calling it a draw

id like to repeat one of the greatest comments of MY presidency, of MY life.

“Mr. Romney (Burns), Your Campaign Seems To Have the Momentum of a Runaway Freight Train. Why Are You So Popular?

God bless the Simpsons, you've made me witty.

MadsL wrote: »
    Fox calling it a draw

win for obama so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nagilum2

CNN journalist panel giving a slight edge to Obama.

Fox calling it a draw...

...and runs the Obama DVD ad lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Obama won the debate but not by much, Romney definitely held his own and made some clear points on Obamas record.
    Obviously both sides are going to claim victory, especially some of the very partisan ones we come across on here but looking at it objectively, Obama just pipped it but more importantly he came back much stronger from the last debate.

Just like Romney silenced his critics the first time, Obama has done likewise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement