Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leinstermodelflyingclub Membership?

Options
  • 15-10-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭

Lo all.
    I'm just wondering how i would join the leinster model club in the phoenix park.
    The website says to email them but i've sent a few mails over the last few months but no replies?

I did rc nitro cars and line control planes years ago, but wanted to get into rc planes.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Take a gander up there on a fine (flyable) Sunday morning and you'll be able to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I've been trying to catch people there on sat as i work every sunday. But the weather hasnt been helping. The one time there was someone, they said to email the leinsterclub as well.

I'll keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Maybe try emailing the MACI Membership Secretary or Secretary General, they may have a direct email/phone number for the clubs Secretary.
    http://www.maci.ie/about-us/council.html

I've emailed maci. hopefully they can point me in the right direction. cheers for the help

Cheers for the help, All sorted now.
    the issue was that the emails werent working with my eircom account, used another account and got the information i needed to join

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

What is the point of joining this anyhow? I don't see how the club can ban people from flying in the park?

The club wont ban anyone i think, but the park wardens wont allow you to fly in the park without insurance afaik, so the club is the best way to get insured.

I didnt think you need insurance with 2.4ghz light weight electric models, but i dont know for sure

Advertisement