Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Chelsea

Options
  • 15-10-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Huge game and will go a long way to define where we are at. On a great run though still have a habit of only putting together 45 minutes of top performances, will need to perform for the full 90 against this crowd.

Win this and it puts us in great stead. They are off to a flyer and have some very good attacking players but look a bit suspect at the back.

Can see this potentially having a few goals and think both sides will score.

3-2 to the Spurs, home advantage and the crowd tipping it our way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

my favourite fixture every season

hope we smash the cnuts on and off the field

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Well it will be good to see a team come to WHL who will try and attack ... rather than the usual park the bus type teams.
    Think there will be goals in it as both teams look to attack ... i think we have a better defence than Chelski so will go for a 4-3 win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Massive game. It's pretty simple, win and we are 2 points behind 1st place, regardless of other results. As Mullo mentioned they're on a great run, playing well and getting the results so it will be interesting to see what sort of performance AVB gets out of the team. They're missing Terry, which is great as he always plays well against us and if we can get at them out wide I think we'll have a great chance.

You'd imagine if AVB was going to have the lads fired up for just one game this season, it's this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

SuprSi wrote: »
    Massive game. It's pretty simple, win and we are 2 points behind 1st place, regardless of other results. As Mullo mentioned they're on a great run, playing well and getting the results so it will be interesting to see what sort of performance AVB gets out of the team. They're missing Terry, which is great as he always plays well against us and if we can get at them out wide I think we'll have a great chance.

You'd imagine if AVB was going to have the lads fired up for just one game this season, it's this one!!

Depends if he appeals the ban or not ... he has until Friday .... so if he appeals then he could play against us ..if he doesn't he's banned afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Getting the jitters just thinking about it, roll on Saturday morning!

I hope Adebayor and Lloris start.

Red-eye out of Dublin, then the B&H for a few shandys;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

As said before it will give us a good idea of how much the team are coming to terms with AVB.

Lloris and Ade have to start in my opinion. Bale was unreal for wales the other night. Everything good they did came directly through him and if he puts in another performance like that we have an excellent chance.

My real worry is our full backs (defensively) for this fixture. Walker and Vertz need to get help from lennon and bale everytime to nullify their major threats IMO.

If we can do that I believe we are as strong if not stronger in all other areas, especially in the middle of the park.

Saying it is one thing. Get them fired up AVB and lets make a statement!!!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Can't wait. Flying out at 8 bells, haven't been over for a while so will be like a loon let out for the day. COYS

Getting the jitters just thinking about it, roll on Saturday morning!

I hope Adebayor and Lloris start.

Red-eye out of Dublin, then the B&H for a few shandys;)

:D Breakie on park lane, and B&H for pints, see you there mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Like a kid at Christmas on cocaine for this

Giddy and it's only Monday

To dare is to do

COYFS!!!

Lads, I have a spare for Sat if anyone needs one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I can't wait for this one.

Terry being out for them makes a big difference. As much as I hate him, he's a very good centre back and leader.

Their attacking threat is there for all to see. I can see AVB taking a very similar approach to this game as he did to the United game. I think a number of people have mentioned that their defence is weak, but their is attack is very strong. With this in mind, we are best off keeping the ball in their half - easier said than done.

If we get one or two goals early on, I think we can get under the skin of the likes of Cole and Hazard.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling Aisling Cole will be sent off on Saturday.

BTW, I'd love to be heading over. Enjoy the game lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

"If we get one or two goals early on"

wouldnt that be nice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

A tense 1-0 win with Ade getting off the mark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love the optimism lads (seriously great to see), but i really can't see us getting anything out of this. They are playing great football at the moment, and are the strongest attacking team in the league by a long shot. AVB will have the team fired up, and we all know he'd like nothing more then to beat the team that almost ruined him, but i don't think it'll go our way.

I hope to god i'm wrong, but I'd say we'll lose this 1-2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Bale has scored twice with his right foot this season against reading and United reckon he's due a left foot goal against Chelsea plus Ade looks like he could start because Defoe is playing tonight so he'll be fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Bale has scored twice with his left foot this season against reading and United reckon he's due a left foot goal against Chelsea plus Ade looks like he could start because Defoe is playing tonight so he'll be fresher.

didnt he score the goal v utd on his right foot?

but i dont care if it goes in off his backside once we beat chavski...:D

we owe them big time after being such jammy fooks in champs lge..

& avb is another little angle to some personal payback :cool:

davycc wrote: »
    didnt he score the goal v utd on his right foot?

but i dont care if it goes in off his backside once we beat chavski...:D

we owe them big time after being such jammy fooks in champs lge..

& avb is another little angle to some personal payback :cool:
    corrected both were with his right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

my favourite fixture every season

hope we smash the cnuts on and off the field

COYS

Agreed, I really really really dislike this shower of cnuts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great news with that cretin Terry missing tomorrows game, he's been there saviour against us over the last few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Really looking forward to this one. Win and we'll only to 2 points off the top of the table no matter what else happens. Don't think we'd be unhappy with that!

• Advertisement

On a bitter-sweet note, we'll be eight points off the top.... but at least we're fighting in 'six pointers' at the right end of the table.

This has the makings of a great game.

I assume their back four will look like this Ivanovic - Luiz - Cahill - Cole.

As said before I have a feeling there will be a red card. Ivanovic is their best defender and I think most his concentration will be spent doing a job on Bale, which I think he's capable of.

I'm hoping Luiz may be a bit wayward without Terry alongside him, Luiz may consider himself the more senior of the two starting centre backs, which could have dire consequences for Chelsea. Which could leave them at six and sevens, leaving Cole to make a couple of last ditch tackles on Defoe/Lennon.

Paddy Power will have the odds for an Ashley Cole red card up tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Ade or Defoe, Lloris or Brad - the rest of the team picks itself

What does everyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

I'm worried about their attacking midfielders. Teams such as West Brom have been afforded too much space in front of the backline, and the likes of Mata and Hazard could make us pay. Sandro will have to be on his game tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Have a feeling AVB will play Ade tomorrow,with Terry out and us at home I think we're good for a draw at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

3-1 win vertonghen to score a screamer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Spurs team:

Friedel; Walker, Caulker, Gallas, Vertonghen; Sandro, Sigurdsson; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Defoe.

Subs: Lloris, Dawson, Naughton, Falque, Livermore, Townsend, Adebayor

Still no Ade startingfrown.png

Chelsea team:

Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Mikel; Oscar, Mata, Hazard; Torres

Presumably a 4-2-3-1 formation, surprised to see Lampard omitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

THFC wrote: »
    Spurs team:

Friedel; Walker, Caulker, Gallas, Vertonghen; Sandro, Sigurdsson; Lennon, Dempsey, Bale; Defoe.

Subs: Lloris, Dawson, Naughton, Falque, Livermore, Townsend, Adebayor

Still no Ade startingfrown.png

Chelsea team:

Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Mikel; Oscar, Mata, Hazard; Torres

Presumably a 4-2-3-1 formation, surprised to see Lampard omitted.

Not happy to see Ade omitted again.

Dembele out with a hip injury I wonder why AVB didn't mention it in his press confrence mind games maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Didn't even notice Dembele was out injured, completely took it for granted that he was starting:o Massive loss..

• Advertisement

Dembele and Bale out. Very worrying.

Can you imagine Huddlestone chasing Oscar, Hazard or Mata?!

Advertisement