Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Chelsea

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a turn-around!! Keep it up now lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Would like to see Ade come on. Think dempsey has been poor. Lennon been brilliant, defoe has been doing surprisingly well as a lone striker today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Excellenet tracking back to win the ball from Defoe, there focking rattled.

Every shot except for Defoe's has been straight at the keeper!! A few feet either side next time please

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

i think ade for siggy, dempsey starting to link up with lennon now

• Advertisement

Bollocks

FFS - shocking stuff.

Pretty immature from Walker, he's got speed, that's where it ends though.

All the impetus is gone now, it'll be difficult for Spurs to equalise. Chelsea can just contain and keep possession.

• Advertisement

Well done Ade.

Arrghh!!! Straight at the bloody keeper again! Cech has hardly had to dive at all today to save shots.

Kyle bloody Walker, you mug.

absolutely terrible from walker!:mad: i'd fine him a weeks wages for that, wat de fcuk was goin through his mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

better team won today and we cant complain. chelsea were superior for 75 mins of the game.

they are a better team than us and when bale and dembele were out we have no one in the game league as hazard / mata / oscar

Chelsea will be there or there abouts at the end of the season and will probably win a cup as well. its going to be a very good season for them

we were pretty awful today in the first half though - only jan / lennon and defoe played well.

walker and dempsey are just rubbish - offering nothing to the team

still we had plenty of chances and czech had to make lots of saves so when you take kaboul / parker / ade / dembele / bale all missing then it wasnt a bad performance i suppose, it could have been 3-3

get walker off this team --- now!!!!!!! he backheeled it to mata for the last goal. With walkers messing earlier to kick the ball as hard as he could off mata, mata had the last laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

well done walker......

mickman wrote: »
    better team won today and we cant complain. chelsea were superior for 75 mins of the game.

they are a better team than us and when bale and dembele were out we have no one in the game league as hazard / mata / oscar

Chelsea will be there or there abouts at the end of the season and will probably win a cup as well. its going to be a very good season for them

we were pretty awful today in the first half though - only jan / lennon and defoe played well.

walker and dempsey are just rubbish - offering nothing to the team

still we had plenty of chances and czech had to make lots of saves so when you take kaboul / parker / ade / dembele / bale all missing then it wasnt a bad performance i suppose, it could have been 3-3

get walker off this team --- now!!!!!!! he backheeled it to mata for the last goal. With walkers messing earlier to kick the ball as hard as he could off mata, mata had the last laugh

Agree with all of this. Walker needs to be dropped. He has done nothing all season and capped it off with handing the game to Chelsea.

I'm going to say something controversial - I think Jan was at fault for their 3rd goal. He went in for a hard tackle with Ramieres and didn't track back at all, leaving them a man up at left back, which is where the cross came in from. Fair enough he may have picked up a slight knock, or have been knackered, but I still feel he should have got back there more quickly. Outside that he was brilliant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

So I suppose its fair to say that everybody's opinion counts.

What was that again hatch!

Sssssshhhhhhh.

Less of course you do a liam Brady on it and defend the indefensible. I said we'd be found out against a good side. AVB is supposed to be progress, that lads is a long long long way back. No bale or Dembele don't count either. They were missing lamps and more importantly terry. Anyway AVB lovers will keep the blinkers on. Good luck to Ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Walker and Gallas were shocking today,both need to be dropped.I thought we might get a draw the way we were pressing near the end and then Walker made a monumental f**k up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

So stupid. The ball was still in play, he could've just started a counter attack and maybe somethin might have come from it! But no, had to do something so silly and petty.

And also later losing the ball when trying to show off around Mata, who had clearly out-played him for 90 minutes! Naughton in the next match, please.

• Advertisement

lamps was on the bench , he doesnt start many games now. They had a full squad except for terry.

we were missing our 3 best players - kaboul / bale and dembele - that is a massive loss against the champions of europe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Pathetic. This team can't defend to save their lives.

mickman wrote: »
    lamps was on the bench , he doesnt start many games now. They had a full squad except for terry.

we were missing our 3 best players - kaboul / bale and dembele - that is a massive loss against the champions of europe

Doesn't matter who started today, they set out to boss us from the start and they did . Once again we played far too deep for a home team. The only good performance from us all year was at old trafford and that was because AVB fcuked his stupid rule book out the window and went for it, very un AVB you'd have to admit.

I'm so disappointed going down to chelsea this way, especially at home.

they just showed walkers mess up again - my god it was rotten stuff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Poor to lose it like that, and it was bad defensive errors for 3 goals. Gallas was poor today, and Walker was shocking. What the hell was he doing for that last goal? :confused: Missing Bale and Dembele, this was always going to be tough. We showed good spirit to get back into it, and grab the lead, but then kind of fell apart. Dempsey was totally crap as well.

I also think playing Friedel was a mistake today. He didn't really do anything wrong, but with the pacey attackers that Chelsea have, Lloris would have been quicker coming out to the ball.
    Saab Ed wrote: »
    Anyway AVB lovers will keep the blinkers on. Good luck to Ye.
    And AVB haters will keep the blinkers on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

So I suppose its fair to say that everybody's opinion counts.

What was that again hatch!

Sssssshhhhhhh.

Less of course you do a liam Brady on it and defend the indefensible. I said we'd be found out against a good side. AVB is supposed to be progress, that lads is a long long long way back. No bale or Dembele don't count either. They were missing lamps and more importantly terry. Anyway AVB lovers will keep the blinkers on. Good luck to Ye.

I'd far from blame AVB for this,

Missing bale and Dembele who would in some eyes be our best players.. Against a team squad worth about 300 mil and a good 3 million a week more in wages

What would you have done differently to AVB ?

Lloris could have started but I don't think he might of saved any of them and Ade could have been brought on earlier but lets be honest he did nothing

annoyed at the final scoreline, but we didnt deserve anything due to certain players performances.

walker was shocking. gallas is just too inconsistent and dodgy. we need kaboul back quick. siggy and dempsey just disappear and occasionally popup here and there but at the end of the day offer no real threat.

players i was impressed with were defoe, jan, lennon and caulker.

defoe deserved his goal cause he worked his socks off, and i'd start him next week too.

jan is a class act, will be our signing of the season, he just looked tired at times. his tackle on torres from behind was quality.

i have to say i'm really impressed with caulker, he had a solid game and didnt make many mistakes. hes young and is learning, great prospect. i'm looking forward to a partnership with kaboul.

we just look a bit lost without bale an dembele which is a concern. hopefully next weekend we'll hav them both back and push on for a win

Doesn't matter who started today, they set out to boss us from the start and they did . Once again we played far too deep for a home team. The only good performance from us all year was at old trafford and that was because AVB fcuked his stupid rule book out the window and went for it, very un AVB you'd have to admit.

I'm so disappointed going down to chelsea this way, especially at home.

i wouldnt agree - if we are missing our best central midfielder and best attacking player then it definetely does matter who starts

Kiith wrote: »
    Poor to lose it like that, and it was bad defensive errors for 3 goals. Gallas was poor today, and Walker was shocking. What the hell was he doing for that last goal? :confused: Missing Bale and Dembele, this was always going to be tough. We showed good spirit to get back into it, and grab the lead, but then kind of fell apart. Dempsey was totally crap as well.

I also think playing Friedel was a mistake today. He didn't really do anything wrong, but with the pacey attackers that Chelsea have, Lloris would have been quicker coming out to the ball.

And AVB haters will keep the blinkers on.

How ya Liam.

• Advertisement

Walker been brutal since the start of the season.
    Gallas too old.
    Sigurdsson me'h.
    Still think Dempsey can turn it around.
    Jamie Redknapp cretin.
    London Pride ale...epic.

Advertisement