Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Chelsea

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ormus wrote: »
    Who would you have signed?

Rooney :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Who would you have signed?

Willian or Moutinho as Mr Levy was meant to, but typical he tried to do it on the cheap.

Moutinho would have allowed Dembele to be stationed further up in the Dempsey role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mickman wrote: »
    Rooney :-)

Good choice!

And in real life?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Willian or Moutinho as Mr Levy was meant to, but typical he tried to do it on the cheap.

Moutinho would have allowed Dembele to be stationed further up in the Dempsey role.

Fair enough. Neither of those players get enough goals to supplement the lone striker though, and Dembele never got enough playing there for Fulham.

Personally I think Dembele is crucial to the way we play in bringing the ball from deep. He is a very rare talent who can tackle so well and is so good running from deep. We'd miss that big time if we played him further forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Personally I think Dembele is crucial to the way we play in bringing the ball from deep. He is a very rare talent who can tackle so well and is so good running from deep. We'd miss that big time if we played him further forward.

I agree wit you, he's vital. My only worry is, we can't expect him to be ever-present throughout the season. We need a 'plan b' for when he's not fit.... or else we'll find ourselves back playing two holding midfielders in the centre of the park - the one point from the first two games of the season tell that story.

In the short-term (i.e. up to the next transfer window) I'd hope the likes of a Tom Carroll could get a bit of experience, maybe replacing Dembele late in games - just so we have another attacking centre midfield option.

• Advertisement

I agree wit you, he's vital. My only worry is, we can't expect him to be ever-present throughout the season. We need a 'plan b' for when he's not fit.... or else we'll find ourselves back playing two holding midfielders in the centre of the park - the one point from the first two games of the season tell that story.

In the short-term (i.e. up to the next transfer window) I'd hope the likes of a Tom Carroll could get a bit of experience, maybe replacing Dembele late in games - just so we have another attacking centre midfield option.

Yeah it would be good to bring Carroll through, if he has the talent. I haven't seen enough of him yet.

Advertisement