Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Outside Tem Gauge Volvo S40 (and service question)

Options
  • 15-10-2012 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have two outstanding problems with my 06 S40. The first is the outside temperature gauge is giving nonsense readings (-10 degrees etc...) and so the climate control isn't working properly.

Also, I need to find a solid service alternative to the main dealers.

Can anyone recommend a decent place in Dublin that could sort me out?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ado70

Did you find out what the problem wa with the outside temperature? I've had the same problem for the last year with volvo S40 (It reads -15 etc in the middle of summer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

My dad had the same problem with his Octavia not a volvo I know but it was reading minus 20 all the time.he got a temp sensor 15 euro it fits in behind the bottom grille. And it reads perfect now. Volvos could be totally different but just said I'd say it just in case it was of any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ferg01

Ado70 wrote: »
    Did you find out what the problem wa with the outside temperature? I've had the same problem for the last year with volvo S40 (It reads -15 etc in the middle of summer)

Hi Ado - I never figured it out - I ended up selling the car.

But talking to different dealers I got quotes from between 100 and 300 to get fixed. There seems to be a variety of underlying causes which can vary in terms of price to get fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Hi Ado,

It's a common enough fault on that model of S40, usually caused by slight corrosion on the Wiring going to the outside temperature gauge which is located on the underside of your pssenger side wing mirror.

Have a read of this for a possible cheap fix.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=150289

Advertisement