Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect Triax 114 to Sony Hard Disk Recorder

Options
  • 15-10-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    This is my 1st post,so I hope I've posted in the correct forum.

Anyway, I recently bought a Triax 114 Saorview Combo box. I was told I can record onto an external hard drive, which I can.

My problem is, I was unaware that the Freesat stations dont have a 7 day EPG, just a "now and next", so I cant program ahead of time. The Irish Saorview stations do, so thats fine.

So is there any way I can get a 7day EPG for Freesat. Would I have to buy a Freesat & a Saorview box?

I think its crazy that I cant do what I've been able to do for over 25 years, i.e. set a timer to record a program a few days in advance!

Now I have a Sony DVD HDD Recorder is there anyway I can connect up the Triax up to this?

Browsing on the internet came across the Triax Tri Link would this help me pre program recordings of Freesat programs?

Thanks and I hope I haven't asked a stupid question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Jobbie wrote: »
    Anyway, I recently bought a Triax 114 Saorview Combo box. I was told I can record onto an external hard drive, which I can.

My problem is, I was unaware that the Freesat stations dont have a 7 day EPG, just a "now and next", so I cant program ahead of time. The Irish Saorview stations do, so thats fine.

Is there a timer function on the Triax receiver where you can select the channel, start and end time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jobbie

That would be ideal. Now I've only had it 2 days, but it looks like the only way to record ahead of time is thru the EPG, which in non Irish (Freesat) stations shows only "now & next " options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Hi,
    This is my 1st post,so I hope I've posted in the correct forum.

So is there any way I can get a 7day EPG for Freesat. Would I have to buy a Freesat & a Saorview box?

I think its crazy that I cant do what I've been able to do for over 25 years, i.e. set a timer to record a program a few days in advance!

Now I have a Sony DVD HDD Recorder is there anyway I can connect up the Triax up to this?

Browsing on the internet came across the Triax Tri Link would this help me pre program recordings of Freesat programs?

Thanks and I hope I haven't asked a stupid question.

Is that the exact model of Sony you have - does have Guide plus+ or a G-LINK® cable with it? It's an infra red cable that can be used to control external boxes - used to come with the Sonys.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

That would be ideal. Now I've only had it 2 days, but it looks like the only way to record ahead of time is thru the EPG, which in non Irish (Freesat) stations shows only "now & next " options

According to the manual, page 24, there is a manual timer function.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

I got a TSC 114 recently & can confirm that there is a manual timer function. You set the date, time (hh:mm), duration & the channel. The unit will then record on that time for that duration. Its not as handy as via EPG. FTA (Free To Air) satellite doesn't come with an EPG, only a 'Now/Next' function.

I too have a HDD recorder unit which I use with the TSC 114. You need to link it via scart cable. I then record via AV2 on the HDD recorders channel selection. You need to ensure that the TSC 114 is on & that the required channel is selected.

• Advertisement

According to the manual, page 24, there is a manual timer function.

I got a TSC 114 recently & can confirm that there is a manual timer function

Thanks guys, in work at the mo, will check that when I get home.

Is that the exact model of Sony you have - does have Guide plus+ or a G-LINK® cable with it? It's an infra red cable that can be used to control external boxes - used to come with the Sonys.

That is the model, again I'll check later, thanks for your input.

Just found that manual timer function. Testing it now. Thanks a lot guys!

Tried that a few times, it worked, thanks again guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bruteforce

I have all stations on Triax Saorview except BB4 which vanished. Whats up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

How long ago did BBC4 'vanish'? And what does a missing channel have to do with the topic of this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bruteforce

Hey guys. I am a beginner on this site so not sure of the protocol. Anyway the thing is I got a triax box , tuned it up, got all the stations, then BB4 vanished. It's there but no pictures. Retuned and the smae thing again. BB1 2 3 all good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Should have asked already, but is this the Triax TSC114 we are dealing with? (As per thread title.)

Are you getting the UK channels using a satellite dish?

Advertisement