Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling Stones

Options
  • 15-10-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

The Rolling Stones have called a press conference for 1pm today to announce a tour which will commence this year and continue well into next. The Guardian are covering the press conference live

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Mick Jagger rang in to Chris Evans' Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2 this morning and confirmed they were touring and the tour would start before the end of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

The Rolling Stones 50 & Counting Live in the capital,
    The O2 arena, London Sun 25th Nov 2012
    The O2 arena, London Thu 29th Nov 2012

Tickets, priced at £106.00 – £406.00 (Inc Fees) onsale Friday at 9am from Ticketmaster – PRESALE at 12.30 today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Insane prices. Even for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

need an Amex card to avail of that presale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

That's a absolute disgrace of a price in fairness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,428 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is Jesus chrsit playing support or something ??. £406 for a 2 hour concert crazy prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Makes the Glastonbury ticket seem like something of a bargain - assuming they play.

The Rolling Stones announce tour dates at London's O2 Arena
    After weeks of speculation, The Rolling Stones to confirm they are to perform at London's O2 Arena in November.

After weeks of speculation and rumours, The Rolling Stones have announced details of their latest tour.

Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood confirmed their long-awaited return to the stage via this video.

The veteran band, who this year celebrate 50 years together, are set to play two shows in London on November 25 & 29, as well as two at the Prudential Centre in Newark, New Jersey on December 13 & 15.

Mick Jagger said: “Everybody loves a celebration, and London and New York are two good places to do it in!”

Keith Richards added: ”Sorry to keep you all hanging around but the waiting is over. I've always said the best place for rock and roll is on the stage and the same is true for the Stones. I'm here with Mick, Charlie and Ronnie and everything is rocking. See you very soon!"

The concerts will be promoted by Sir Richard Branson's new venture Virgin Live and Paul Dainty, whose Dainty Group is the fifth largest concert promoter in the world.
    According to the unnamed source, Billboard said that the band will be paid £15.7 million ($25 million) for the four shows.
    The live dates, called 50 & Counting: The Rolling Stones Live, would be the first concerts that the band have played since their A Bigger Bang world tour, which ended in 2007.
    Any tickets are sure to be snapped up in minutes. Although the O2 in East London is a large venue with a capacity of around 20,000 people, it is far smaller than outdoor venues such as Wembley Stadium and Hyde Park, both of which the band have played in the past.

The Stonesnews.com website reports that the set lists will be:

Set list one:
    Miss You
    It's Only Rock'n'Roll
    Tumbling Dice
    You Got Me Rocking
    Let It Bleed
    Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
    Respectable
    Far Away Eyes
    Doom and Gloom
    Paint It Black
    I Wanna Be Your Man
    Not Fade Away
    Brown Sugar
    If You Can't Rock Me
    Some Girls

Set list two:
    Bitch
    All Down the Line
    Rocks Off
    Dead Flowers
    The Last Time
    Honky Tonk Women
    Going to a Gogo
    Lady Jane
    Down and Gloom
    One More Shot
    Shine a Light
    You Can't Always Get What You Want
    Happy

Last week The Rolling Stones' new single Doom and Gloomreceived its first play on Radio 2.
    Pictures were also released showing the four members of the band emerging from the recording studio in the centre of the Paris.
    Speaking at the opening of The Rolling Stones: 50 Photography exhibition at London's Somerset House last month, Sir Mick said: “You will definitely be seeing us all together soon. It's been great fun being back together and there are a lot of memories in here. I can't believe it's been 50 years. We've been hanging out together, seeing quite a bit of each other and we want to do some gigs.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/9608806/The-Rolling-Stones-announce-tour-dates-at-Londons-O2-Arena.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is Jesus chrsit playing support or something ??. £406 for a 2 hour concert crazy prices.

Jesus didnt' exist. Hes completely made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Danger

PTH2009 wrote: »

Sure Jesus has sold out with his new dubstep direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

406 :O I'd love to get them to justify 406 quid for a ticket. I hope they play here and the tickets are at least a quarter of that price. I hope nobody buys them tickets so there will be an empty section. Would show them how deluded that ticket price is. Sure it's the Stones, one of the best Rock n Roll bands ever, But come on. No band is worth that kinda money.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Here's the video with the announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Are those setlists posted above supposed to be for two separate gigs? Because a) they're very short for the money you're paying and b) the second set list is a bit shíte

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction is not included. Flip that

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

No Gimmie Shelter or Sympathy for the Devil either.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

F ucking greedy bastards. Can people really justify paying that much to go see a group of pensioners? Although having said that, at those prices this is surely their last tour, trying to milk it for all its worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

even if you wanted to pay those shocking prices, imagine the crowd who'd be going. who can afford those prices but 50+ city bankers. the atmosphere would be dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

even if you wanted to pay those shocking prices, imagine the crowd who'd be going. who can afford those prices but 50+ city bankers. the atmosphere would be dire.

*cliche alert* :)

You're right. Not a single person in London who's under 50 and doesn't workl in a bank has 2 pennies to rub together!

Ludicrous prices, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The part that gets me is that even if you are rolling in money and can afford the tickets, the Stones will likely deliver the usual type of phoned in performance that they've been peddling for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭Morrison J

1st show of the tour in London is tonight. Looking forward to seeing the setlist and hopefully a few decent quality videos surfacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

Gig tonight should be class. They will be joined on stage by ex Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor as well as Mary J Blige and Jeff Beck. So Jelous of anyone going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Unbelievable setlist:

I Wanna Be Your Man (The Beatles cover) (First time played since 1964)
    Get Off of My Cloud
    It's All Over Now (The Valentinos cover)
    Paint It Black
    Gimme Shelter (with Mary J. Blige)
    Wild Horses
    All Down the Line
    I'm Going Down (with Jeff Beck) (Live Debut)
    Out of Control
    One More Shot
    Doom and Gloom
    It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (with Bill Wyman)
    Honky Tonk Women (with Grrregory)
    Before They Make Me Run (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
    Happy (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
    Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
    Miss You
    Start Me Up
    Tumbling Dice
    Brown Sugar
    Sympathy for the Devil
    Encore:
    You Can't Always Get What You Want (With full choir for the first time)
    Jumpin' Jack Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 25,464 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Jeez that IS one amazing set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Treehorn

Was front row at their gig in the point on the licks tour. Setlist that night was even better. Best concert I've ever been to. Raging I am missing these.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Good setlist, though strange satisfaction wasn't on it. They obviously were going to play more than what was on those released setlists as there were so many blatantly obvious ones left out that they nearly always do.

rubadub wrote: »
    Good setlist, though strange satisfaction wasn't on it. They obviously were going to play more than what was on those released setlists as there were so many blatantly obvious ones left out that they nearly always do.
    BBC news this morning said that the venue strict curfew time of 23:00 meant Satisfaction had to be dropped.

Treehorn wrote: »
    Was front row at their gig in the point on the licks tour. Setlist that night was even better. Best concert I've ever been to. Raging I am missing these.

I saw them 4 times that year including the HBO gig at MSG and the 2 Point gigs were the best of the year imo.

• Advertisement

Croke Park June 2013.

Please :D:D:D:D

Advertisement