Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHere to look for lost passport?

Options
  • 15-10-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi All,

Is there any particular place people in Ireland would normally return/report found foreign passport?

Replacement is going to cost me €330 and take 10 weeks, so I'm really going out of my skin to try to find it before I report it lost...

Thanks in advance!
    Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Your best bet would be the Garda station in the area you think you lost it, or your embassy/consulate if there is one here.

There are also some lost & found websites like http://lost.ie/ that you could try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Garda Station is probably your best bet. Technically they shouldn't give it back to you though.

A lost passport should be returned to the issuing authority for destruction. (It should also be reported to Interpol to be put on a watch list) Less chance of the details getting copied and used for mischevous purposes.

This is all technically though, a lot of the time this doesn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact the Gardaí - I don't knnow if such a thing would qualify for entry onto the PULSE system, but they may be able to offer advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

If it is handed into the Station it will be kept there.
    They will contact the embassy but do not give it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Whereabouts did you lose it OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

e330 for a replacement? :eek:

Advertisement