Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IOM TT 2013

• 15-10-2012 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

So,

ferry pre-booked.

Looking for accommodation now.

Faxed off a few emails already (a couple of no availability replies)

Any recommendations on places to look?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Heading over myself wtih a friend hopefully, he has a van so gonna stick the bikes in the van and go over. Then at least we can travel around on the bikes once there and sleep in the van with the bikes outside. Best of both worlds TBH......best of luck with the accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Ferry pre-booked too.
    Any idea what the full price is ?

Planning on riding over 2 up and camping on minimal supplies :)

Hay,
    I fancy going (never been)
    is it worth bringing the bike??
    Whats the deal with spectating?how much are tickets or do you need a ticket?

many campsites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ferry pre-booked too.

Planning on riding over 2 up and camping on minimal supplies :)
    No idea yet. Start of the year I think.

My first time going. Shoulda booked accommodation earlier!

First time too !
    I presume you're staying in a hotel if you're booking this early ?

• Advertisement

First time too !
    I presume you're staying in a hotel if you're booking this early ?
    5 of us going, dont think a hotel would suit with 5 bikes.

2 rooms would do (3 ideally and 1 in a pinch) but trust me, this isnt early to book. Lot of places are booked out already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Ferry pre-booked too.
    Our ferry over last year cost €260 and we'd booked it early. That was from Belfast - Douglas and Douglas - Dublin.

Next year we're going Dublin - Douglas and Douglas - Dublin. Far handier and the reason we booked so early.
    urbanledge wrote: »
    Hay,
    I fancy going (never been)
    is it worth bringing the bike??
    Whats the deal with spectating?how much are tickets or do you need a ticket?

many campsites?

It's definitely worth going and bringing the bike. Just be careful of some roads as corners can come out of nowhere. Getting up at 5:30am so that there's no traffic and you're one of the first bikes over the mountain is great!

You can spectate from most places. There are no tickets. You'll only have to pay for some area's outside some pubs, church grounds or on grand stands.

There are plenty of camp sites available in different locations around the course/island. Book early though!

really temped,
    I'd be going by myself tho :(
    no biker friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

who are you booking the ferry with.

Any websites i go onto for the ferrys only allow to book in advance over the next 2 months!

The steam packet are the IOM Ferry company
    Linky to their site on the IOM official site too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 ktm

The Don wrote: »
    Our ferry over last year cost €260 and we'd booked it early. That was from Belfast - Douglas and Douglas - Dublin.

Next year we're going Dublin - Douglas and Douglas - Dublin. Far handier and the reason we booked so early.

Just be aware that the ferry can change its destination at fairly short notice, this is due to weather conditions, and it might head for Larne instead of Dublin. Its been known to happen.

I think Steam Racket use a candle on the deck to decide if its too windy to sail, if the candle blows out " nobody's going anywhere " .

And the price of the ferry goes up year on year without fail. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

really temped,
    no biker friends
    Everyone over these is sound so you'll have no trouble sparking conversation and making friends. Maybe you could book the same campsite as KealanOCarroll

Push Push->> KealanOCarroll-> friends <-urbanledge <<-Push Push
    ;)

We could also organise a few boards.ie rides over there :)
    ktm wrote: »
    Just be aware that the ferry can change its destination at fairly short notice, this is due to weather conditions, and it might head for Larne instead of Dublin. Its been known to happen.

I think Steam Racket use a candle on the deck to decide if its too windy to sail, if the candle blows out " nobody's going anywhere " .

And the price of the ferry goes up year on year without fail. :mad:
    Good to know. Will have to keep an eye on the site. It'd be some ride up to Belfast if they did that!

Whats dates do you guys have booked?
    I might got for 2 or 3 days

28th - 4th

Tue - Tue.

Get in some of the practice week and start of TT

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

really temped,
    no biker friends

I've been going for years because my brother used to race sidecars at it, but this will be my first year taking my bike, and will also probably be going alone. I wouldnt worry about it too much though, because honestly there's so many like-minded people on the island for the TT, you won't be on your own for long.

looks like the boats back are full. :(

Im 4th till the 11th...I'd like to have had it all shoved back a bit sooner but thats all I could get on the ferry :(

Does anyone have a link to the 2012 Schedule ?

TBH I haven't a clue what the natural order of things over there is, bar racing being after practice I haven't a clue what follows what :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

No need to book any ticket.
    You will get a place on the boat if you arrive at the port.
    Sailings are from Dublin, Belfast and Larne. More sailings from the north.
    Return trip home can be changed no prob to another sailing.
    Glenlough camp site is a good place to stay, its on the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kido Fazer 1

Glenlough camp site is a good place to stay, its on the course.
    Peel campsite is a good 1 as well. 5 minute walk to the village for loads of pints.:D

• Advertisement

ferry price is 254e according to a post on biker - return to dub

Advertisement