Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Social Events

Options
  • 15-10-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Anyone got any ideas for a good work social event in the Kilkenny area? Preferably something to do on a Friday evening. Trying to think of something fun and different that people might be interested in coming along to.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Anyone got any ideas for a good work social event in the Kilkenny area? Preferably something to do on a Friday evening. Trying to think of something fun and different that people might be interested in coming along to.

The dogs

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

The dogs is a great night out if you are at a track where you can get a nice meal and relax and watch the races in comfort in nice surroundings, like Galway, or Cork or Newbridge or somewhere.

Kilkenny is a bit...eh.... rustic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Sky King wrote: »
    The dogs is a great night out if you are at a track where you can get a nice meal and relax and watch the races in comfort in nice surroundings, like Galway, or Cork or Newbridge or somewhere.

Kilkenny is a bit...eh.... rustic.

Rustic, it certainly is. Waterford has an excellent track and Enniscorthy isn't bad either, I'm gonna head down to Enniscorthy this evening for the crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea, such a shame they won't upgrade the dog-track. The one in Mullingar is a great facility for instance. I know there were plans before the down-turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

As this is turning into a dog track thread I liked Thurles the couple of times I went there.

As for OP query, maybe the Watergate might have something decent, fairly civilised evening, pint and chat before, pint at half time, drink at the end to review the play/show/performance?

• Advertisement

Bowling would also be a good option. The Pump House has cheap drinks until 10pm on a Friday, so could be a good place for an apéritif.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    As for OP query, maybe the Watergate might have something decent, fairly civilised evening, pint and chat before, pint at half time, drink at the end to review the play/show/performance?

+1 on the Watergate and you have a couple of restaurants and pubs there. You could go into the Nixon and you'd nearly be assured of having exclusivity of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Go to the tapas bar maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Couch Potatoette

Thanks for all the ideas. I like the dogs idea. And there's always the option of booking a bus to somewhere a bit farther afield than Kilkenny anyway. Mmmm...tapas. The grapevine is quite good as far as I remember. Haven't been there in a couple of years though. I'll have a look at the Watergate lineup. I was thinking something along those lines would be good. Dara O Briain in the hub a few weeks ago would've been ideal. I'd like if something like that came up again.

Advertisement