Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Older versions of Champ Manager

Options
  • 15-10-2012 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone prefer the older games to the newer versions? Downloaded CM 01 02 there a few months back and am enjoying it immensely. For some reason I prefer the old text based gameplay to the 3D format of the newer games. I also find the newer games almost too detailed. Anyone else agree?

Also Cherno Samba and Maksim Tsigalko = legends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Tsch...they were no To Madeira or Kennedy Bakirciogulo.

I am thinking of going back to an old version rather than going to FM13 when it comes out... 99/00 was the first one I ever had and i was hooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

retalivity wrote: »

Tsch...they were no To Madeira or Kennedy Bakirciogulo.

I am thinking of going back to an old version rather than going to FM13 when it comes out... 99/00 was the first one I ever had and i was hooked.
    Found a 22 year old version of Falcao 7 seasons into my latest game. Looks to be a beast in the msking but I can't get him a work permit. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Anyone prefer the older games to the newer versions? Downloaded CM 01 02 there a few months back and am enjoying it immensely. For some reason I prefer the old text based gameplay to the 3D format of the newer games. I also find the newer games almost too detailed. Anyone else agree?

How do you go about downloading, think i'd much prefer to get back into an older version than FM13.

FM11 was my first in a few years and i just couldn't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

01/02 was the red box wasn't it? Absolutely loved that game, was the one that really made me love the series.

Ibrahim Said, Emile Mpenza, Cherno Samba, Arjen Robben, Julius Agahowa, Ibra, Kim Kallstrom, Antonio Cassano were all unreal for me :)

Think I still have it at home actually, might dig it out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Do the old ones still work on new laptops/pcs?? I tried playing my 01/02 one a while ago and it didn't seem to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Floggers

You can download Championship Manager 01/02 at the link below

http://www.fmscout.com/a-championship-manager-0102-free-download.html

It is by far the best version of the game, the latest versions are much too detailed as has been stated by someone already.

To Maderia was my favourite player, scored some amount of goals for me. I still play 01/02 fairly regularly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Stevecw wrote: »
    Do the old ones still work on new laptops/pcs?? I tried playing my 01/02 one a while ago and it didn't seem to work.
    Works perfectly for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

Yeah, I recently downloaded and run 01/02 on Vista and its fine. Needed to burn it on to a CD though. I can't compare it to any of the FM series because I've never played them but I really got into Champman again - after years away from the game. In fact I've ended up playing a longer career than I ever did back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dots03

I still play CM 01/02, and thanks to some sterling work at the chapman0102 site, use the latest season/player data courtesy of regular DB updates.

Its the best CM version by far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

01/02 was definitely the best of the series, i remember having 10-12 hour sessions from nighttime til the next morning regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

I've being playing 01/02 since it came out, (Have just spent an hour in the fecked up american league)
    Have bought the newer one's but could never just drift away on a friday evening clicking and enjoying the game in a way my girlfriend just cannot comprehend.
    tonton zola moukoko, kim kallistrom, , isaac okoronkwo ,Assane N'Diaye were some of my favorite bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

tuborg_man wrote: »
    I've being playing 01/02 since it came out, (Have just spent an hour in the fecked up american league)
    Have bought the newer one's but could never just drift away on a friday evening clicking and enjoying the game in a way my girlfriend just cannot comprehend.
    tonton zola moukoko, kim kallistrom, , isaac okoronkwo ,Assane N'Diaye were some of my favorite bargains.

I think the new "classic mode looks after likes of us who want to relive the old game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

Stevecw wrote: »
    I think the new "classic mode looks after likes of us who want to relive the old game.....

Is that a feature on the new FM 2013 game? I played 00/01 and still do the odd time. Great game. Just don't have the time now though to invest in the later versions. Takes too long to play a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Hmm, Saviola never did become the best player in the world......

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

For those wanting to play CM0102 with todays players it can be got here - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=136

You'll just need the Official SI Games Patch to run it also. Both that and the game are available from the site above too.

Advertisement